The Sheikah Slate

While Purah, Robbie, and Impa searched for the small ancient relic in the Temple of Time, they left me with the Goddess Statue. It wasn't as nearly as big as the Forgotten Temple's statue, which I had visited once with Mother, but it was the second largest one I had seen. Unlike most of the other ruins, the Temple of Time was in better shape. It represented a major part of our history and Father visited often, which was why I wanted him to be the one to take me there. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, but I took what I could get.

Instead of saying a meaningless prayer, I sat in the statue's shadow on the roughly polished stone floor. I spent the whole hour and a half, thinking of what I could possibly do to connect with Hylia. There had to be something that I was missing.

Before I knew it, I started to hum my lullaby. It brought peace to me instantly, until I thought how it never was my lullaby. It was theirs, the royal daughters back and back. I was only named after them, and I didn't do them any justice. My hum stopped as I sat in submissive silence.

Then echoing out to the side of me to the left, someone else picked up the tune. I twisted my head around to see Robbie with his strange goggles pulled above his forehead. Some of his white hair was tied into a small bun on top of his head while the rest fanned out behind his head. It was quite the hairstyle.

He slowly walked my way until he sat down next to me, still humming. I gave him a sad little smile, while I tucked my knees into my chest.

"Princesses should always have cheerful smiles when singing," he said, stopping his music.

My head rested on top of my knees, staring at the tip of my boots, "I wasn't singing Robbie." Then for whatever reason, I asked, "Why doesn't that song hold the power it once did? When my mother played it, there were always others playing along with her."

Robbie stretched out a little, extending his long legs, "Well, in my experience with music, it has always been more about the mood you're in. That's why people sing after all. To convey emotion and their innermost thoughts."

I stared at the young successful brilliant man before me, wondering how he got there. How any of these young Sheikah I was with got where they were. Purah was the eldest of the group at the age of twenty. Robbie was nineteen and Impa eighteen, yet all of them were already respected tribe members with the brains of a machine.

"Is that what helps you focus, music?"

He gave a nod, his deep crimson eyes glowing, "Indeed."

"Robbie!" Purah's voice shouted as we heard her coming down the ladder outside the temple. Minutes later she came in. Her rounded glasses were slightly out of place from her adventure on the rooftop.

"No need to shout," Robbie said standing, then helping me up after him.

"I'm sorry," she said mockingly, "You vanished. Impa and I got worried."

"Did you find anything up there?" I asked her, ready to get going if they didn't.

She shook her head but she didn't seem down one bit, "No we didn't, however, we still haven't looked at the prime location. You ready?"

I gave a curt nod, putting my hands together behind my back. On cue, Impa came into the temple with a smile. They were all excited. It became clear the only reason we stopped at the Temple of Time was for my benefit. I was touched by their thoughtfulness and patience.

Together we exited the temple and went down its steps onto the lush green grass. From there, Purah led the way. She skipped energetically ahead of the rest of us. Robbie followed close behind her, but Impa and I stayed at the same pace.