Not Meant to Die

I thought long and hard about where I should place the sword. In the end, Korok Forest was still the best location even if word had gotten out to the Yiga Clan that the blade was once housed there. I had faith that the Great Deku Tree could look after it for one hundred years more.

The only thing that worried me was that to get to Korok Forest, I would have to get close to the castle if I wanted to get there as quickly as possible. I looked down at the sword I held in my hands.

"You're going to have to stick in there for just a bit longer. I might have to use you if need be, but I will try not to for your sake. Let's hope luck is on our side."

I journeyed the way I had come with Link, following our steps almost exactly. When I could see the castle again, I quivered when I saw that the beast's yellow eyes were directly trained on me. It roared and I heard the Yiga Clan's laughter behind me. I whirled around with the sword in my left hand while my right glowed with the sacred symbol.

The man faltered in attacking me when he saw the sword and the symbol on my hand. He quickly got over it as he charged at me. I switched to holding the sword in one hand to both in order to block the attack successfully.

As the blades clashed together, a bright light emerged from me and the sword, sending the man flying. He landed in Nabi Lake. The currents dragged him away as he tried to swim against the water. I quickly ran to the Eagus Bridge, where I was stopped from either side by the Yiga Clan as they appeared suddenly.

I glanced at the two men as they neared me, both of them carrying wind cleavers. My eyes looked at the monstrous form of Ganon that seemed to be watching us from afar. I closed my eyes as I raised the blade. I heard its glow come to life again as I used the scared power to restore its full energy for a short time.

When I opened my eyes again, I swung the sword at the man in front of me. Like when I fought the first member, the two powers combined and knocked my opponent off the bridge. Spinning around, I swung at the second one. He managed to slice my left arm before I sent him into the water as well.

Clutching my wound with my right hand, I backtracked my way across the bridge, deciding it was best if I followed the steps I had gone with Link earlier. Going along the set roads would only bring more trouble.

Once I crossed Horwell Bridge, I walked off the path, running to the patch of trees I had hidden with Link before. I followed Hylia River while staying out of sight of Calamity Ganon by using the trees I could find as cover. The trees lasted for a good chunk of my journey, but as I neared Orsedd Bridge I caught sight of swords scattered about Romani Plains along with some shutdown Guardians. Some much death had come.

I stared up at the beast that surrounded my home in its darkness. "We didn't come here to die without a cause," I said to it as it roared to surely alert his minions where I was.

Turning to Orsedd Bridge, I ran across it. I stayed on the path, not bothering to hide as I sprinted. I just needed to get into the Lost Forest. They couldn't follow me in there, at least it would be harder to.

As I went through Minish Woods, I caught sight of the Military Training Camp, also in ruins like everything else. I kept running as a blast from a Guardian went off behind me. I ran and ran through the woods, leaving the camp behind me. Death, so much death.

I reached the trail that led into the Lost Woods. It was then that I came face to face with a Lynel. I should have known one would be around these parts again. It was near where we fought those other three after all. It stood directly in my path with its weapon ready.

It charged, swinging the deadly blade. I ran out of its way. Its horns slamming into a tree. It wasn't too stuck though as it turned back to me with its red eyes. I was surprised when it put its weapon away. I soon realized what it was going to do. It was charging a blast of fire. Using that would probably burn down all the trees, endangering the Great Deku Tree as well. I couldn't allow this to happen, grateful that I now stood in its path to the Lost Woods.