The Silent Princess and Hero

It was a long tiresome week. After leaving Daruk with Rudania we went back to the castle to rest. The next day Urbosa, Link, and I went to Gerudo Desert to enter Naboris. She managed it well enough just like the news we received from Revali about how his training was going. Due to the fact that from a distance we could see Medoh flying more than a figure-eight, we assumed that it was the truth. Things were looking brighter.

When Urbosa told me that she needed some time with Narbois, I dreaded it. It meant I would have to be alone with him. What was I supposed to say to him? He probably wouldn't say anything back. How was I going to pour out my soul not only in front of a blank statue but a listening stranger? With the other guards and my maids, I knew that they wouldn't be listening, but with him, he's always listening to everything people said. No one could convince me otherwise.

Our trip back to the castle was what you would expect from a silent hero and a silent princess. I was grateful when we reached the castle. Father let me rest, stationing Link right outside my door. From then on, it would be like this. Him watching me wherever I went. At least it meant I didn't have to wait around for my maids or a group of knights to go somewhere.

The week didn't end there as I helped Robbie with restoring functionality to some of the Guardians. Since I last saw him working on them, he had found different types of Guardians. I was also told that more Shrines had been located. Purah and I both wondered if the key to opening the Shrines was with the slate. I planned to try it when Father gave me permission to go back out into the open world, though if that was the case, I technically did try that already with the terminals in the Divine Beasts. Nothing happened then.

Knowing that Father was going to order me to check up on Revali, I pushed my research harder and harder. That's when I came across a paragraph that mentioned five structures resting beneath Hyrule Castle. I was so mesmerized by this information that I went looking for them in the chambers under the palace. He, of course, went with me.

There was no luck in our search, though I never really bothered to tell him what we were looking for in the first place. However, the search did lead me down to the Royal Family's tomb where Mother was at rest. I took this time to meet with her, thinking that perhaps, seeing her perfectly carved stone face would be more helpful than the Goddess' cold one. Link waited by the doorway.

"Mother, give me strength," I said quietly, kneeling by her beautiful coffin. Then when I looked up, I saw that there was a chip in the stone. I ran my fingers over the top of it.

Standing to my feet, I told Link, "Tell some guards to station themselves near the catacombs. I have a bad feeling."

He didn't move from his spot. I sighed as I realized why. He wasn't supposed to leave me, especially in a dark place I said I had a bad feeling about it.

I marched past him, "I know, I know." He followed behind me, not a single word passing through his lips.

* * *

Revali was doing just fine, though later he told me that he tried talking to Link to no avail. He said it was like talking with a statue. If there was anyone who could understand that, it was me. The conversation shortly ended when Link arrived with a herb I had sent him to collect but didn't really need. He had only left because the store was so close and Revali was watching me. Was I the baby of this makeshift family?

I took the herb from him and went over to the nearest cooking pot to add it in for show. The meal I was making was for the elder of Rito Village. He was the one I spoke to about how Revali was doing while apparently at that time, Revali visited Link. I honestly didn't think Revali would come down at all from Medoh.