Carry Me

When I woke up in the Kara Kara Bazaar's Inn I was shocked to find that Link was nowhere to be seen. Getting out of bed, while placing the Sheikah Slate to my belt, I asked the Inn Keeper if she knew where Link went.

She shrugged, "Something about fruit or climbing trees."

"Hmm . . . he must be out looking for breakfast," I said, "What wouldn't he just buy something from the shops? We have plenty of rupees for it."

"Voes are strange," the Inn Keeper commented simply.

I went out of the inn and looked around the Bazaar. There was no sign of him anywhere. In fact, very few people were there. For the most part, it was waking travelers. Even most of the shopkeepers were gone. Perhaps that was why Link looked elsewhere for food.

Walking my way around the pond in the middle of the Bazaar, I searched for Link. I even looked up in the trees for him. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. When I reached a traveler, I stopped to ask she had seen Link around.

"Excuse me, have you seen a young man wearing a blue tunic with a sword on his back?"

She tapped her chin, "A man with a blue tunic on? That wouldn't make you Princess Zelda would it?"

I blinked, "Um, yes? Have you seen him?"

She nodded, her eyes closing, "Oh, yes. I saw him walk straight towards his death."

I stepped back a little. She said it like it was an everyday occurrence and I couldn't ignore how odd the traveler really was. It meant only one thing, the Yiga Clan. So . . . did Link really . . .

"What is it, Princess?" the traveler asked, her face then turned into a wicked smirk, "You've figured you've done the same?"

Instantly, I ran for it as fast as my feet would carry me. If I made it to Gerudo Town, I would be safe. That was still quite a distance from where I was.

Looking behind me for a second, I saw that the traveler was gone and in her place was a Yiga Clan member. As I set my gaze forward again, two other Yiga Clan members slid in the sand, weapons up. I stopped short, turned the other way to see that the one I had spoken to was right there, raising their weapon.

I gasped and fell to the ground. There was nowhere I could go as I looked at the three approaching Yiga members. If only there wasn't a wall of stone behind me. They had cornered me well.

The one I had spoken to, lifted their sickle higher in the air. I gasped, thinking how life was cruel to play that kind of prank of me. I could only hope that maybe Father was right. I searched deep within me for the power as the sickle glinted in the sunlight. Then it came down, I turned my head away, closing my eyes as I waited for the stab of pain.

Instead, I heard steel clash against steel and the sound of a young man's yell. Then there was the sound of a body falling down to the sand. I slowly opened my eyes to see Link standing right in front of me alive and well, sword in hand. He had positioned himself between me and the other two Yiga members.

When he raised his sword, they both backed up a little. Through their body language, it was clear that they were uncertain if attacking Link would be wise. And when I looked up at his expression, I saw that he wasn't even giving a threatening face. It was completely calm as he stared them down. I blinked in awe while the Yiga members disappeared.

I knew it was his job to protect me, but after all that I had done and said to him, I couldn't believe he rushed to save me without a second thought. Based upon what I had been told, it sounded like he had been led into a trap of his own, probably facing one of the stronger Yiga Clan members before saving me. And I wondered why I ever misjudged him.