Adrift in Time Final

I coughed. Looking around, I spotted the Zelda whose life I just experienced. She looked at me with heavy eyes like she was about to cry. She came closer to me and grabbed my hands, looking straight into my eyes.

"I could not do what you are doing. Not only have you spent time with the hero, but have to let him sleep for 100 years making my seven seem pitiful. The reason why I came to you was that both you and I never truly experienced the joys of being a child. We both trained to our limits and still felt helpless."

After looking for so long in her eyes, I could feel myself crying for her. "What happened next? Once the hero awoke."

She let go of my hands as she cupped hers to her chest. "I shared the songs with Link as Sheik, but I couldn't stay long with him. Almost every time he tried to get closer to me. I couldn't allow that, though it was my greatest desire for him to know who I was. I wanted to tell him everything. And when he finally awakened every Sage, I told him. My fears were realized as Ganondorf captured me. I had it coming. Link fought bravely and came to my aid."

There was a long pause. Her hand fell back down to her side. She was thinking deeply about what she needed to tell me next. I would soon learn why it was so hard to explain.

She lifted her hand. It was inches from my forehead. "Perhaps it is better to show you after all." Her hand touched my skin and I felt myself fall back once again into the water.

* * *

We thought the whole thing was over as Ganondorf crumbled to the ground, alas, Ganondorf was not done yet as he caused the tower to shake. I shouted at Link to follow me. As we ran I used my power to open the gates and doors. Debris fell around as we ran.

As I was going around a pile of burning rock, fire surrounded me. I watched in horror as Link had to deal with Ganon's minions. It did not take him all that long to defeat them. The fire around me was put out. I gave him my thanks before we made our way to the next doorway. I opened it for us.

After dealing with a few other setbacks, we made it out in time before the castle came toppling down. As it did, Link ran over to me. He embraced me and used his shield to protect the two of us from anything that might fly our way. I could hear his heart pounding.

Once everything was settled we both stood to our feet. I was amazed . . . shocked really. Seven years I spent watching my people suffer.

"It's over . . . it's finally over . . ."

Link turned my way. I smiled at him, feeling overwhelmed with happiness. Yet guilt was there despite that. I wasn't the only one who felt that way as Navi said, "Link . . . I'm sorry that I couldn't help you in the battle before!"

A loud bang interrupted us as it resounded across the wasteland and over the howling wind. I gasped, thinking it was impossible. I was frozen as Link ran forward to check it out. Fire surrounded him in the large circle. Out of the rubble, Ganondorf rose. I watched as he transformed into the beast I always thought he was. On his first swing, he knocked the Master Sword out of Link's hand.

The sword landed behind me. I was focused on watching once again as Link battled what was left of Ganondorf, that being Ganon. Knowing the power that Ganon possessed, I knew that there was no way I could throw the sword over to Link. The fire was more than flames alone. If it were just flames, I would have jumped over them. Luckily, Link was prepared, having another sword at hand. Within no time, he knocked Ganon unconscious for a few moments. Enough to reclaim the Master Sword. I should have run forward with him as the barrier went back up.