Skyward Bound Part 4

Unfortunately, as the light faded, I was not back in my bed at home. Instead, I was transported to a place that was like a fiery furnace. It was incredibly hot and its lakes were filled with something that I knew I shouldn't touch. It was sad that the old texts didn't mention anything about the environments down here.

I stared up at a mountain that was the source of the red and orange river. I wondered how there was another spring like the first one around a place such as this. I almost questioned if this was really Eldin, but as soon as I thought that, memories ran through my mind like they had always been there. The river of red and orange was lava and the mountain was called a volcano. The temple was inside of it.

After taking an uneasy breath, I walked forward, making sure to be careful as I jumped across a stream of lava. Several flame-lit Chuchus popped up randomly around me. Again, not having anything to defend myself with, I kept going, trying to avoid them. I had somewhere to be.

I ran towards a new opening, which had a dead tree right in the middle. I continued to move quickly as I got into a cave where the ground was covered in lava. I had to wait for a bit before it was safe to pass. The path continued into a mining site, by the looks of it. There was only one way forward, I took it and as soon as I went along to the next area, the ground started shaking. I fell to my knees. Looking behind me, rocks tumbled down, blocking the way I had come from. Maybe it was paranoia, but after the countless paths had been blocked, it felt like something was after me.

Shaking the feeling off, I continued onward, finding myself on a road that led right to the dead tree. As I looked closer, it wasn't a tree at all. It was made of stone and an opening was inside it. Again, my mind told me that it was the way I needed to go. I tapped my foot, wondering how I was supposed to get up there.

Suddenly something grabbed onto my shoulder. I jumped, looking over to see a thin woman in black. Her eyes were a reddish color and on her left cheek was a painted teardrop. On her forehead, she had another symbol of an eye painted red.

"Who are--"

The woman grabbed onto my wrist tightly, and then before I could react, she jumped right inside the stone tree. We were falling to our deaths! I decided that this was the person I sensed following me and blocking exits.

I realized that I was wrong about her trying to kill me when she landed us safely on the ground below. It didn't look like the impact hurt her one bit. I still yanked myself away from her.

"Who are you!" I demanded.

She gave no smile as she remained serious, "I am sorry your Grace for the sudden drop. It seems you have the Demon Lord following your movements."

"As are you," I said, "Now who are you?"

She sighed, realizing I wouldn't go anywhere until she told me.

"Impa. I am a servant of the Goddess Hylia. One of the last of the Sheikah Tribe left here to wait for the Goddess' return. Your Grace, you need to awaken your power."

"It's Zelda," I told her, a part of me not ready to let go of all that I knew, "I have no special power over you, so it isn't right for you to call me--"

She dismissed what I was going to say to her, as she walked further into the mine shaft, "We need to get you to the temple before the Demon Lord does. Hopefully, that hero of yours catches up soon."

I gasped, running after her, "Link's here!"

She didn't respond to what I said. Instead, she looked in one direction where the red monsters were crawling about. Her eyes went to a shaft higher above us. She got down on her knees.