Revali's Gale

After collecting memories and shrines, Link found himself at the edge of the Tundra. For the most part, he stayed warm in the coat he had. The weather died down as he came to a stable just outside of where the Rito lived. He let the stableman take his horse as a dark shadow overhead covered up the sun. It was Medoh, the reason Link had traveled here. While he was crossing the bridges to get to the main part of the village, there was a mechanical cry from above. Medoh swooped around menacingly like it would attack if anyone made any sign of wanting to do it harm.

Link looked away from Medoh and headed into the village. For the most part, it was the same with a few changes here and there. Link stopped at one of the shops, finding gear that would get him through the cold.

As he talked with some of the Rito he learned that their leader was in the house at the top. So he climbed the twisting stairs, ran into the village shrine, and then finally reached the top where an elderly Rito was napping. Not much of a surprise as it was early morning, but it was shocking how the cries of Medoh hadn't awoken him.

Feeling a little guilty, Link tapped on the Rito's shoulder. Still half asleep, the Rito muttered, "Ah, a visitor. Welcome to . . ."

The elder then opened his yellow eyes some more, spotting the slate. He leaned forward in his rocking chair, exclaiming, "That object on your hip . . . Could it be . . . Forgive me. Where are my manners? I am Kaneli, elder of Rito Village. Now then . . . is that not a Sheikah Slate dangling from your hip?"

"That's right."

Kaneli smiled joyfully with his beak, "Oh, my! So it is true! That means you must be a Champion like Master Revali--one of the few able to board Divine Beast Vah Medoh!" Aside, Kaneli reminded himself that all of the existing Champions died one hundred years ago. In the end, he decided Link must be a descendant. I wondered whose descendant he thought Link was.

"Ah, forgive me . . . Champion descendant . . . If you would listen to this old man's request, you would have my eternal gratitude." Link agreed, making Kaneli truly happy as he placed his wings on his round stomach. "Now that I know you have the blood of a Champion, there is something I must ask of you. How shall I put this . . . I would like you to deal with Divine Beast Vah Medoh. That giant beast circling above us. Only a chosen one, a Champion, can stop a Divine Beast. You must enter the beast and bend it to your will.

"I tried explaining this to the more headstrong Rito warriors, but they wouldn't listen to reason. Teba and Harth tried to confront Medoh, but it did not go well, Harth was injured. Teba escaped unharmed, but I fear he now plans to face Medoh alone. As a descendant of the Champions, perhaps you can help us. Please. Find Teba. If you work together, you may be able to stop Divine Beast Vah Medoh."

Before Link could officially agree or tell Kaneli that's why he came, Kaneli fell back to sleep. Link quietly walked out and was heading down the stairs again when a woman's voice called out to him. Link backed up and entered the house just next to Kaneli. There stood a pink Rito woman, looking straight at him.

"Forgive my intrusion, but I overheard you speaking with the elder. It sounds like you intend to help my husband, Teba, in the fight against Medoh," her sweet motherly voice told him, "But to tell you the truth, there is not much I can do for you right now beyond telling you where my husband went."

"Where did he go?" Link asked, having nothing to go on anyway.

"Well . . . My husband headed to a place called the Flight Range. It's in the Dronoc's Pass at the base of the Hebra Mountains. It's a place where Rito warriors prepare for aerial combat . . . I imagine he's gone there to gather weapons for another run at Medoh. As it happens, he made his way to the Flight Range on foot this time."