Spring Air

"Zelda!" Father's voice shouted at me as I was going down the hallway with Link. I cringed as I slowly turned to face him. Link dropped to his knees.

"Father," I said giving a forced smile.

"What do you have to say for yourself? Running out like that--"

Being the only person who dared to cut him off I said, holding out my hands, "Now just before you yell at me some more. You should know something. Then you can pound me into the floor."

He sighed heavily, then waved a hand, letting me continue. I beamed as I bounced up on my heels while placing my hands behind my back, grateful for his willingness to listen.

"Just before we arrived, we faced a horde of monsters that had not one, but three sliver lynels." He was about to say something, but I put up my hand again to stop him. "We defeated them all together. I just wanted you to know that the signs of Calamity Ganon are closer. And I promise that I won't give up."

He was calmer than he had been before, so I was sure that he wasn't going to yell. It was good to see that he felt guilty for saying that I shouldn't go out without a weapon.

"Zelda," his eyes turned soft, "Go rest for a bit, but by tomorrow at dawn, I don't want to see your face here until you've gained the scared power."

I bit my lip, his words hurting even when his eyes read something entirely different. We were a mess, Father and I. He didn't know how to be my father and my king in a time such as this. Giving a nod, I went off to my room with Link following behind.

Going up to the bridge that led to my study, I looked out to see if Robbie was down there. Robbie was nowhere to be seen by the broken-down Guardian he left there. I smiled at Link, thinking it was funny that Robbie hadn't repaired the Guardian yet since Link nailed it in its eye.

"You did a job well done with that Guardian. It seems like Robbie still hasn't fixed it yet," I glanced over off to the other side of the bridge, "I wonder if he's out at the lab. I never thought Father would build the Sheikah a building of their own for studying ancient technology."

I noticed that Link was staring off where the lab was at. I wondered if he was just as interested in ancient technology as I was. There was only one way to find out.

"Since we have some time to kill before sundown, how about we go check it out?" I suggested.

He looked at me with his blue eyes, and I saw the curiosity in them. It was settled as we went down the stairs near the broken Guardian. Then we found our way to the drawbridge, riding on horseback. Instead of going through Castle Town, we galloped along the outskirts and by the Water Reservoir. From there we went across another bridge and followed the trail up to the lab.

From outside, we could hear all sorts of tinkering and the sounds of gears turning. The Sheikah guarding the lab's doors, let us through, opening the doors so we could see the mess of ancient relics scattered about the whole building. Robbie was at the center of it all.

When he saw me, he pushed his silly goggles up, jumping off the ladder he was on. "Princess! It's good to see you again! I have to show you something!"

He came over to me, took my wrist, and brought us out to the other side of the building. There before us sat a different type of Guardian. He called it a Skywatcher. A good name for it too as he turned it on, and its wings lifted it up in the sky.

"Ganon and his beasts will never get through us with these!" he said proudly, "We also found Guardians that are meant to stay in one spot. I'm thinking about placing them in the turrets of the castle. Before you know it, Princess, the castle will be well protected! Nothing will get through its gates."