Legend of the Wild

Link got out of bed slowly. His head turned to stare at the picture of all of the Champions. With a sigh, he grabbed his weapons that were resting off to the side of the bed. For today's adventure, he dressed in the blue tunic. He went down the stairs and sat at the table. It was set for two. He ate a meal to bring him strength and drank a bottle of milk.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, then he pounded his fist against the table as he stood. He took his leave from the house, giving it one look before shutting the door. By the end of today, the wilds of the world would be saved.

Outside, Link pulled out the Sheikah Slate. He teleported directly inside the castle walls by the docks. He went to where the passage led into the library. As he pushed away the bookshelf, he scared a Lizalfo on the other side. All the others spotted Link from above. They started to shoot at him. Link jumped onto one of the tables and pulled out his bow. He shot each one in the head. Before long, he had taken care of all the Lizalfos in the room.

And so it was the same for all the halls he roamed and monsters he fought. Daruk protected him through every step. And Revali brought him to greater heights. He savored Mipha's Grace and Urbosa's fury for Ganon.

Along Link's search for weapons to prepare for the final battle, he came across the dungeon where the shield of a true hero awaited him. Inside the room, there was a Stalnox. It arose from its slumber. Link hardly had any room to move about as the Stalnox covered a third of it. The only part that he could harm was its eye. He shot at it, the eyeball popping right out. With his sword, Link slashed at it, until the Stalnox swatted him away.

Link slid down the wall as the Stalnox placed its eye back where it belonged. Link didn't wait to shoot it again. After the eye fell, Link nailed it for good measure with a sledgehammer. It burst and the Stalnox withered away. A hidden chest came forth. Inside was the symbolic shield of Hyrule. With this shield and the Master Sword, he looked . . . complete.

He traced his steps back until he was outside where the Guardians lurked. Step by step he made his way up to where Calamity Ganon dwelled in the Sanctum. As Link got closer, my eye on him in spirit form faded away, until I could not see him at all. I was back in my own body and Calamity covered my view with darkness.

Using my power, I illuminated where I stood. And then I was able to feel Link's presence through the shroud of evil. I watched in horror as the pair of yellow eyes fell upon me. My light only gave me sight to the dead bodies of the Champions, including Father. I cried in pain, shutting my eyes.

"Link . . . Link," I gasped, "I'm sorry . . . but my power isn't strong enough . . . I can't hold him . . ."

The yellow eyes let out a beam, breaking through what held for so many years. A weight immediately fell off my shoulders, yet the agony of 100 years worth flooded in. I felt myself begin to slip away as Ganon was released. As the deformed creature fell through the Sanctum, bringing Link down with him, I was falling as well. But when I landed, I was back in the Sacred Realm.

The sky was red and the water was like blood. I thought perhaps, I had truly died, only having lived long enough so Link could fight Ganon and end it. I was almost certain that it was my fate as I stared into my red reflection.

"Now my moment has finally come," a voice rang out.

I looked away from my reflection to try and locate where it came from, a leap of joy coming from my chest. "Revali?" I asked, tears running down my face.

"Brace yourself, Ganon, for the sting of my revenge," Revali's voice echoed once more before another could be heard.

"This will be our final opportunity. We will not fail!"