Adrift in Time Part 4

I gasped as I had almost been crushed by rocks. Being alone, I pulled down my scarf in order to take in the amount of air I needed. In my hands was a golden harp.

Laying down on the ground, I lifted the harp above my head to examine it. All that for an instrument. It wasn't even halfway over. I still needed to bring the harp to the Temple of Time. 

It had been two years since I was visited by Rauru in that first dream. Since then Impa trained me without mercy. Retrieving the harp was Rauru's final task before he deemed me ready to find the other Sages. It was only last night he came to me in another dream, telling me where the harp was.

Slowly, I got to my feet, placing the scarf around my nose and mouth again. I made my way to the exit of the tomb. Before I could leave, however, my muscles froze on me as my ears rang with the sound of a scream. I could hear the steps of the redeads behind me.

When the stiff sensation was gone, I quickly moved my hands down to where I kept a handful of long sharp knives. As soon as I turned around, I threw four, hitting all of my targets. They didn't die that easy though, as I sprinted forward with another knife. The best option was to make quick work of them.

Blue blood came out of them as I sliced at their legs. They groaned as they tried to follow my pace. Unfortunately for them, I could have run circles around them all day, that was if their cry didn't pierce my very core again.

After all four were down on the ground like corpses, as they should be, I let out a breath. I turned to leave once more.

Soulless eyes were right next to mine as I met face to face with an uncounted redead. The awful scream shook my bones. I couldn't move as the redead got the opportunity to strangle me. It didn't hesitate.

I squirmed inside its grasp. My hands searched for a knife. Finding one, I plunged it into the redead. It let go of me. I backed away, kicking the redead into the stone wall. The impact slammed it against the wall, and as it fell forward, the knife pushed deeper into it.

Before any more could magically appear, I got out of the tomb. I was glad to see that it was morning when I got out. Dusting myself off, I went behind the gravestone and pushed it back into place. I was grateful that I wouldn't have to go through that maze of tunnels again. I knew though, that one day, Link would have to.

Looking across the graveyard, I saw Dampe heading inside for the day. To myself, I whispered how grateful I was he didn't push the gravestone back in place while I was down there. If he had, I'd be searching for hours to find another way out.

It was known that his health had been weakening since Ganondorf took the throne. But Dampe was just getting old. Within time, he'd be in one of these graves. I hoped he would survive long enough to see the world set in place again.

Suddenly, I got the urge to go speak with him. After all, I found it strange that he had placed a gravestone in for himself already. I had a feeling that he was the one who made all those tunnels.

I went into his little shed. He jumped as I came in rudely. Becoming Sheik made me forget my manners sometimes. I muttered an apology, but I was surprised to see a grin form on his face as he chuckled weakly. Coughs could be heard in the mixture of his laughter.

"Have you finally come to greet me . . . Princess?" he wheezed out.

I backed up, "How?"

"A wild guess," he answered, which I could tell wasn't the truth.

I sighed, "I just wanted to know why you made a series of tunnels under the gravestone you made for yourself. And why this was in there along with another item." I held the golden harp up.