Together

Riju looked around the house in awe, "This is far different from Gerudo."

I laughed, "Is this your first time out of the desert?"

Riju nodded, then to her accompanying guards, "I'll be fine from here. Please explore the village at your leisure."

The two women bowed respectfully before they left the house. They had to crouch in order to get out of the doorway. Link pulled up a chair at our table for her to sit. She sat down, her eyes still wandering.

"It was strange seeing Hryule and the green it held. Most of our people don't leave until they are ready to pursue a husband. Thankfully, as Chief, I was able to break that rule."

I smiled as I checked on the food Link and I prepared. The others were running late. I expected Riju to come last, not first.

A knock came at the door. Link quickly opened it. In the doorway was Teba, breathing heavily. He came in, ruffling his feathers. The wind must have been horrid.

"Sorry I'm late," he said.

"Not at all! In fact, you're the second to arrive," I admitted before showing him to his seat.

Just as Link shut the door, there was another knock. He opened it back up to see Sidon crouching down. He smiled a sharp smile as he asked Link if he could come in.

"Yes, of course," Link said.

Sidon was able to stand up straight once he came inside. Riju blinked as she stared up at Sidon. To her, he was a Moblin, though many of the Gerudo were just as tall. Sidon held out his hand to her. She accepted the handshake.

"You must be Chief Riju of the Gerudo. I am Prince Sidon of Zora Domain."

"It's an honor to meet you, Prince Sidon."

Sidon extended his arm across the table to Teba. Teba stood from his seat, wrapping his wing around the prince's hand.

"The name's Teba."

Sidon nodded, "Aw, Rito's finest I hear."

Teba shrugged, "I guess. But I probably won't ever shoot like Relvali or come close to Link's aim."

Riju smiled as she looked at Link, "Oh yes, he sure knows how to shoot even while riding on a sand seal in a storm!"

Link turned away from them as he scratched the back of his head. Grinning, I grabbed his shoulders to turn him back to the others. He deserved the praise.

"Not only can he shoot, but he's taken monsters on since he was a child with his father. He once stopped a Guardian with only a pot lid. That was how he became my appointed knight, though I'm certain my father wouldn't have had it any other way. Then that's not forget, he stopped Calamity Ganon."

Link was about to say something when an astonished voice said behind us, "Wow, Link! You're a champ, goro!"

We turned around to see Yunbo's face covering up half of the doorway. We jumped back, not expecting it. I hadn't thought about how he would fit inside. Then I remembered Gorons could roll into a ball.

"Try rolling up to get in, Yunbo," I said, "Sorry for the inconvenience!"

He gave a large smile, reminding me of Daruk, "No problem!"

We watched as he curled up and rolled inside. Standing back up, he waved at everyone in the room. I took in a breath, happy to see all of them gathered together. Link's hand grabbed onto mine. Looking my way, he smiled.

"Alright," I began, "I'm sure you're all hungry, so let's eat first!"

Working side by side, Link and I handed out the food. Yunbo was delighted to see Link had cooked up a nice rock roast for him. He was the only one that we truly knew what to cook for, which is why we made many different meals. I told Teba this as he looked distastefully at one of the cooked bird legs. I had known many Rito that ate smaller birds and even loved the taste of a duck. He was one of the few who preferred fish instead.