Home

I hummed as I added some endura shrooms to the omelet. Once it was finished, I sprinkled some cheese on top. Quietly I went up the stairs of the house to see Link was still fast asleep. I sat on the edge of the bed and lowered the plate to his nose.

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead."

He didn't stir. I closed my eyes, impatiently. Then I used the fork to cut a piece of the omelet. I brought the fork to my mouth, ready to eat the warm egg. Suddenly Link's eyes were staring into mine as he ate the piece instead.

I mocked a scowl, "Hey, that's not fair."

With his mouth full, he pressed his lips into a smile. I gave him the plate along with the fork. He gobbled it up like there would be no tomorrow. I supposed that we'd both have to get used to the idea that we had time to relax.

"So, what do you want to do on our first full day as . . . er . . . husband and wife?" I asked, feeling strange as I said the words.

He swallowed the last of his food, thinking. He then shrugged.

I tapped my boots together. I honestly had no clue either. Having fun for me was always something other than praying. Then I got a great idea.

Jumping to my feet, I picked up the Master Sword that had been resting by the bed. "You could teach me how to fight? After all, the Yiga Clan is still out there."

He set his plate down on the bedside table, sliding out of bed. He ruffled his hair, "You never learned because of your father, right?"

I smiled, glad to see he was remembering smaller details, "Yep. And I can't think of anyone else better to teach me."

Link yawned, starting to go down the stairs. While I followed him, I saw how long his hair had gotten. Not that it was much of a surprise after so many years of traveling by himself plus the one hundred years he spent recovering.

As he went through his collection of weapons, I searched for a pair of scissors. Unfortunately, I wasn't mean enough to try and cut his hair while he was busy. In fact, when he faced me again, he got the wrong idea.

"No, wait!" he shouted, rushing towards me, pulling the scissors out of my hand.

"Um . . . yes?"

He flushed, scratching the back of his head, "Weren't you trying to cut your hair?"

I exploded with laughter, brushing away tears, "No, not at all! I wanted to cut yours if you wanted, but I'm glad to know you like my hair this way."

He sighed, sitting down at the table in the center of the room, "Oh, I see. I guess, I just don't want things to change too quickly. You've worn a crown of braids ever since I first met you."

I tried taking the scissors again, "So that's a no to the haircut."

Before I could pull away, he rested his hand on top of mine, "Actually I wouldn't mind. Just not too much, okay?"

I smiled, "Don't worry, I won't even touch the front, just the longer pieces. I'll even make sure you can still put it in a ponytail."

Carefully, I untied his ponytail, all of his hair flopping down. It was a mess. I quickly found a hairbrush and got the knots out before starting. Then I used my fingers to line up his hair. As promised, I kept the front as it was and only trimmed the back. After that, I ruffled up his hair and made him turn around.

"You look like your father," I said.

"Thanks, speaking of family . . . the only person I can't remember much about is my mother," he looked at me, "I don't suppose you know anything?"

I tapped my chin, "Well, she had hair a little lighter than yours, and she had the same blue eyes as you. I only met her once when she attended a ball with your father. I think she died a couple of days after giving birth to your sister. She was a very tender person. She and your father helped me find my way back to the sanctum one time."

Link frowned, "Was this at the same ball where you kissed me?"

I blushed, "This again? Why do you keep bringing it up?"

He smiled, "Because I want to make sure it happened."

"Oh . . ." there was a pause, "Well, are you ready to teach me?"

Link strapped his weapons on, heading out of the door. I followed as he took us to the small pond right by the house where the large tree stood next to the water. He handed me a royal bow, which he probably got while raiding the castle.

I took an arrow and notched it in. Bows were one of the only weapons I knew how to use, at least to a certain degree. I had Link's father to thank for that. However, I hadn't touched one in a long time.

Thankfully, Link came up behind me and showed me the proper stance. Stand to the side, left hand holding the bow, the pads of the fingers pulling back the string, and staying relaxed. The hardest part was pulling the string. Most of my strength had left me, not that I had much muscle in the first place.

Link was patient with me. He spoke in a soft voice as we aimed at the tree. After taking deep breaths, we released the arrow, watching it fly at the trunk. He nodded with satisfaction.

"Good, now try the next one on your own."

I repeated the steps, making sure the odd feather was facing out, and then I struggled to pull it back. Once I got it, I accidentally let go too early. The arrow flew straight into the pond. Link smiled as he handed me another arrow. I took it, grateful Ravali wasn't seeing this.

Pulling back the string again, I manage to hold it there. Then I focused on the tree. I released the arrow and it sailed, almost missing the tree but somehow it stuck. I smiled with glee as I hugged Link. It wasn't something to get that excited about, but it felt good to shoot again. To actually have a life of my own.

I love this picture! It's too adorable! Vote, comment, and thanks so much for all the support! I just finished a book trailer for one of my novels on Amazon, so if you're interested please watch the video below

I love this picture! It's too adorable! Vote, comment, and thanks so much for all the support! I just finished a book trailer for one of my novels on Amazon, so if you're interested please watch the video below. If not, thanks anyway.