The Champions' Call

I pleaded with Father to let me go once again to hear what Mipha's father had in store for her. He wouldn't allow it, even though the Champion's Ceremony was in less than two weeks. I knew Mipha would find a way to become a champion, which was why I went ahead and made her sacred garb, but I still wanted her father's consent. In the end, Father sent his beloved chosen hero to Zora Domain to receive a quick answer as the boy was light on his feet and could handle himself. It stung to hear those words come out of Father's mouth like he knew I wasn't cable of fighting in the slightest.

To pass the time, I worked on the final sacred garb I had left. It was a tunic, with an outline of the darkness-sealing sword stitched into it. I had just finished it up when Impa walked into my study, carrying the Sheikah Slate with her.

Setting the tunic down, I asked, "Did it work?"

Impa lifted the slate and tapped on its screen. She then faced me. I stood from my seat, taking the slate from her. There on the screen was a still image of Robbie and Purah tinkering with the Shrine of Resurrection.

"It appears the slate can capture moments like that of a painting, but with life-like exactness. I believe though, that by placing the slate onto additional guidance stones, it will receive more abilities."

"So perhaps it can control the Guidance Stone at the Shrine of Resurrection to get it operating again," I said.

"My thoughts exactly, but we have only figured out how to get information from the stone and not the other way around. Purah's working on it, as you can tell," she said, gesturing to the picture on the slate.

I smirked as I shut the slate off, putting it on top of my desk. "Well, perhaps when Father lets me leave the castle again, I'll be able to do some tests."

"Yes, but for now you must stay here, Princess," she said, seeming to agree with Father's orders, "I'm sure you have heard that the Lynel is closer to Zora Domain. I'm glad he did not let you leave." With that, she turned, leaving me be.

* * *

The day arrived. It was time to begin the Champions' journey. After that, I would be released from my cage only to enter a new one with a pair of blue eyes always watching me. Mipha's father allowed her to become a Champion right after the chosen hero slaughtered the troublesome Lynel, saving Mipha in the process. Father had been right in sending him.

My maids bustled around me, trying to make me appear as monumental as they could. The dress design wasn't anything new. The same dark blue with white and gold. Throughout the ceremony, I would have to stand directly in the middle of the Sanctum.

A knock came at my door. "Come in," I said.

The door opened and Urbosa came in, wearing the blue skirt I made for her. It complimented her nicely. I hoped that all the Champions were happy with what I made for them.

"It's almost time. Everyone else is gathered. The rest of the Champions are waiting for you just outside of the Sanctum."

I nodded as my maids adjusted the tiara on my head, the final touch. Placing my hands together in front of me, I gracefully walked over to Urbosa, who held the door open. She followed behind me as I went into the corridor. Together we made our way over to the Sanctum where the other Champions waited for us outside.

Making my way in front of them, we marched inside as trumpets declared our arrival and the huge dark door opened for us. The Champions stopped in their distinct places as I continued to the middle, standing alone.

Father, standing above us on the balcony, came forward from his throne. The sacred symbol above his head. Again I could easily picture him featured in a stained glass window. I wondered how much Father had to bear over the past ten years since Mother's death.