Endless Love Rebuilt

When I stirred from my sleep, I realized that Link and I were still nestled against the tree. My face turned red as I recalled the events from the night before. Looking over, Link was fast asleep. However, I heard two voices echoing across the cliff walls that surrounded the house.

Carefully, I stood up and found Karson and Bolson sitting by Link's cooking pot. I always found it strange how they sat around when the property was no longer theirs. They stared at me for the longest amount of time, and I returned the favor. I wasn't used to people seeing me after traveling so long in spirit form.

"Who might you be, young lady?" Bolson asked.

"Zelda."

He frowned, "No, -son at the end, aye? Ah well." He stood to his feet, dusting off his pink pants, "Let me introduce myself!"

I knew what was about to happen as he started to dance and sing in a high-pitched voice. "With love, courage, and hopeful hearts, we give every house a new staaart! That name again is Bolson! Yeah, yeah! Buh-buh-buh-Bolson Construction. Bolson! Da-da-da-Bollllllson!"

Before he could continue, Link came running. He grabbed onto my hand, trying to lead me inside the house. Bolson cut his dance short, "Hey, I wasn't finished. There is a final part you know."

"That's alright. She's seen enough," Link answered

Bolson huffed, "And this is why I only trust those whose name ends in -son."

"When did you get back anyway? I thought you were still in Tarrey Town," Link said, a little defensive as he pulled away from the door.

Bolson sat back down in the grass as he said, "Just today. It truly was a splendid wedding, though I didn't appreciate the darkness that arose and the quakes after it. That's why we came back. On a happier note, I've decided . . . The infinite falling petals represent endless love. Gorgeous, right?"

"It really is," I chipped in, "Flowers have always held a deeper meaning. And you don't have to worry about the darkness that came. Everything has been set right."

He looked between Link and me. Bolson tilted his head a little to speak over his shoulder, "Karson, what was that princess's name again?"

Karson blinked as if he hadn't been paying attention at all, "Her name . . . Princess Zelda."

Bolson eyed me again, "You sure don't look one-hundred, yet you have the crest and wear the Royal Family's blue."

"I'm actually one-hundred and seventeen," I corrected him.

I was shocked when Bolson jumped at his feet, slapping himself in the face. "I see a chance, Karson! Princess, if that's who you really are, doesn't this mean the castle is safe to venture into? Safe to rebuild?"

Taking a few steps back, I said, "Yes? But I don't have any money to give you."

He made no complaints as he finished the dance he had once started, striking his pose at the end. "I have always dreamed of fixing the castle! With your permission, I will gladly clear the rubble and dust."

I glanced at Link, and he gave me a nod. Happily, I said to Bolson, "I'd be honored to have Bolson Construction fix my home."

He smiled, "Karson, it's time to head out once again! I've got to see the castle myself!"

We watched as the two of them left. It was just us again. I guess I had made my choice of becoming Hyrule's princess.

Link's hand shifted in mine, "So what's on the agenda today?"

I turned to him, "I wouldn't mind seeing all of Hyrule again. If you're alright with that."

He smiled, "Yeah, as it turns out, I can't sit still either."