5

Kyrie

"I-I finish." Royalty said pushing her breakfast tray towards me smiling brightly. When I first started working here she refused to eat and when she did it was usually only a few spoonfuls. I was concerned so I started bringing her food that I'd make from home and she'd finish those meals immediately, so I decided to bring her meals every day; at least she'd be fed. I would pack in addition to my lunch, her breakfast, her lunch, and a little something for dinner.

"More?" I heard royalty ask knocking me out of my previous thoughts. I shook my head "No baby, there's no more. That's all I brought today." She frowned slumping back into her chair

"Are you still hungry?"

She shook her head "I-I jus wan' more." She smiled "Is good."

At least somebody appreciates my cooking other than Amiyah of course. Lucas said my cooking was either 'too spicy' or had 'too much seasoning'. Typical white people. It wasn't just him either- it was his whole damn family. That's mainly why I avoided going over to their house.

"I'll bring you some more tomorrow, Okay?" I stroked her wild curls smiling down at her. She nodded leaning into my side. Lately, she's been very clingy. She'd always want to show affection to me whether it be small kisses or hugs.

Nia and her attitude towards me have gotten... worse. If she's not with Christopher who've I've found out his her patient, she's always around me mugging the hell out of me and Royalty like she got a problem. "You tired babes?" I sat her in my lap "You been real cuddly with me lately." She shrugged laying her in between my breasts cuddling into me more.

"Not sleepy." She mumbled playing with one of my loose curls that had fallen out of my bun

"And what's happening here?"

I groaned mentally, already knowing the voice belonged to Nia.

"Nothing Ms. Guzman. Just spending quality time with Royalty." I explained kindly before flashing her a tight smile.

"I don't pay you to 'spend quality time' with patients, I pay you to help them Kandace." She growled

You don't pay me at all bitch

"This is how I help. Royalty enjoys being close to me." I pulled her closer

"Well this goes against hospital policy, no personal relationships are allowed with patients." She sneered "Royalty off her lap now."

Royalty hand gripping me tighter. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Royalty, off now!" Nia screamed causing a few people to look at us but they quickly turned back minding their own business.

"Stop, you're upsetting her-"

"Did I ask you to speak Katelyn? Don't forget you're just starting out, stay in your place." She turned back to Royalty "Fine, you don't wanna listen, I'll make you listen." She grabbed royalty forcefully yanking her off me.

"Don't touch her like that, you're hurting her!" I tried to grab her back

"Touch her and that's your job gone Krystal, don't try me."

I sighed knowing there was nothing I could do. I just prayed she'd be gentle with her.

"No! Ms. Ri, Ms. Ri!" Royalty was screaming my name, tears streaming done her face. "I wan' Ms. Ri!" She cried out helplessly squirming in Nia's hold as she was being dragged away before going out of sight.

I'm such a bad person. My poor baby.

Later that night

"Lucas stop it." I shrugged him off. I heard him miss his teeth before rolling over to his side of the bed. He was trying to get some tonight and I really wasn't feeling it after what happened today.

"C'mon Kyrie... just a lil bit. Let me make you feel good baby." He whispered in my ear creeping his hand onto my thigh

"No, I don't feel like it. Work was stressful today." I huffed. Hopefully, he'd get the message.

"Why don't you ever wanna fuck anymore?! We haven't had sex for 4 months. I have been trying to be patient with you but you're really pushing my Kyrie." He said angrily sitting up. "What's the problem? Is it me? Is the sex not good enough?"

The sex hasn't been good for 2 years now...

"I'm just stressed, Okay? I understand you're sexually frustrated but that's why God created masturbation." I stated simply. I was honestly getting fed up with him and his bullshit. Instead of asking your obviously upset girlfriend what's wrong, you go and bitch about sex??

I heard him groan before feeling the bed rise. "Where are you going?" I turned to see him unplugging his phone

"For a walk. I'll be back." He said before leaving. I sighed. Today just isn't my day.

Omniscient

"Nia I understand your frustration but I can't do that. This is just something you have to get over." He groaned sitting back in his swivel chair. Nia has been in his office for around two hours now complaining about Kyrie. It was late and he was just trying to get home to his family.

"And why not Micheal? She makes me upset and you don't like seeing me upset do you?" She pouted

"Nia I can't just-"

"Do you?" She repeated

He sighed. "No I don't, but I can't just transfer Kyrie for no reason. It would look suspicious."

"We'll figure it out for Christ sakes!" She yelled, "I want her transferred by tomorrow morning."

"No, this is childish. Just deal with your own problems Nia, this issue doesn't concern me."

"Oh really? It would be a shame for your wife and 4 kids to find out that you've been having an affair with one of your workers for 10 years.."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would Micheal. Don't forget I still have all the pictures and tapes." She smirked. Threatening his family was a low blow but she had to do what she had to do.

"Alright, I'll have her transferred by tomorrow morning."

"Good boy." She pecked his cheek "You made the right choice." She stood up from his lap and made her way to the office door.

"See you tomorrow, Mr. Daniels." She chucked before leaving his office.

"What have I gotten myself into." He mumbled to himself whilst opening his file cabinet seeing where he could movie Kyrie too.

"Taken, taken, taken... taken... oh." He stopped staring down at the file. He smirked when his eyes skimmed over who the patient's nurse currently was. She did say do whatever it takes... he just prayed Nia wouldn't bite his head off after this.