6

Kyrie

Hey babe, call me okay? I'm worried about you... -6:30am

Are you staying over at a friends house? Just let me know where you are -7:40am

I stopped by you're office this morning w breakfast and they said you weren't there 😕 please just text me -8:36am

I'm sorry. I'm being selfish and should've paid more attention to you, just let me know where you are. I miss you... ❤️ -now

"He still hasn't text back?" Kamiyah asked peeking over my shoulder. I shook my head sighing. Lucas never came back after his 'walk' last night and I was worried. He wasn't answering any of my texts and every time I would call it would go to voicemail. I guess I really upset him last night.

"No, ever since last night he's been ghost." I huffed in annoyance. I was worried and all but now this was just getting petty. He was almost 30 years old and still pulling this baby shit like he's a fucking teenager.

"Maybe he's cheating. Didn't you say he got a new assistant after you left? Maybe he got one of em' little preppy white girls that go around seducing their bosses and shit." She joked

"Please, this isn't a BET special. If he was cheating I would know." I said confidently. I've been
dating this man for 5 years and known him for 15, I think I know my man pretty well. Besides, he has no reason to cheat... right? I turned my attention to Royalty shaking the previous thoughts from my head.

"You doing okay babes? You need help with anything?" I asked taking a look at her worksheet. Today she was tracing words to get the hang of writing more. She was almost done but stopped at the word love.

"Wha-... What this one mean?" She asked. Occasionally she'd ask me what a word meant whenever we'd do worksheets together.

"You don't know what Love is?"

She shook her head letting the pigtails I didn't for her earlier bounce freely.

"Love is when you care about somebody a lot and you don't like seeing them sad." I explained as simply as I could "You can love lots of people like your friends, your mommy, or your daddy."

She sat up and pecked my cheek caching me off guard

"I-I Love you... I love you lots." She smiled

"And I love you lots to Royalty." I rubbed my nose against hers giving her an Eskimo kiss causing a fit of giggles to erupt from both of us. I felt s sharp slap on my shoulder.

"The capital P is coming this way!" Amiyah whispered harshly. I quickly pulled away from Royalty pretend I to help her with her next word.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Nia said smiling down at us. She never smiles, something's wrong.

"You're not. What do you need?" Amiyah answered boldly. She and Nia basically fought every damn day.

"Hush Amanda, I'm here for Kim." She turned to me smiling even wider now, her crooked teeth on full display. Now I was really worried - did she get me fired because of yesterday?

"Yes?" She tossed the vanilla colored folder down at the table in front of me.

"You're being transferred sweetheart."

"Transferred!?" Both Amiyah and I looked at each other in confusion. What the hell did I do?

"What the hell is she getting transferred for? What'd she do?" Amiyah snatched the folder frantically looking through it.

"I spoke to Mr. Daniels and he thought I'd be best if you were moved from the children's unit to a more fitting one. He said he'd prefer you to be in the adult unit." She smirked

"Jesus Christ..." Amiyah mumbled, her eyes growing wide "He transferred you to Christopher Brown."

--

"You transferred her to my patient?!" Nia screeched in Mr. Daniels, or Micheals face. All 3 women were now in his office making a fuss, Nia especially.

"Yes, I did. You requested for her to be transferred and I transferred her." He rubbed his temples. All the yelling was giving him a serious migraine.

"Oh, so you're the reason she got transferred bitch?" Kamiyah said sizing up Nia but Kyrie quickly snatched her back.

"Mr. Daniels, you can't be serious about this, nobody knows this man but Nia - I wouldn't be able to work with him!" Kyrie stressed. In all honesty, she was just scared of him, from what's she'd heard from Nia and other nurses Christopher was apparently a walking nightmare.

"You didn't know Royalty and you and her seemed to be just fine. I believe you're more than capable of handling him."

"No she cannot, nobody can handle Christopher but me and me only! She wouldn't be able to handle the pressure."

"I hate to say this but I agree with her, I don't think this is a good idea. I'd prefer it if i would just stay with Royalty."

"I'm sorry Kyrie but there's nothing I can do at this point. Nurses can only be transferred once every year, it's hospital policy." He shrugged "Its either you quit or put in a transfer as soon as you can - which would be next year." He explained

Kyrie sighed deeply rubbing her temples. Nia has just screwed both her and herself over big time. There was no way she was going to quit her job, she's barely hit the 2-month mark yet.

"Okay." Kyrie groaned "I guess I can deal with this."