27

In honor of being halfway to 3 thousand reads, here are a few chapters for y'all 😁 29, & 30 should be up right after this one.

Kyrie
A few weeks later

"Are you nervous?" Kamiyah asked as we boarded the plane. After Lucas' pre-trial they called me up saying they needed me to fly in to testify in person, this time the case would be held in Washington D.C.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm just gonna walk in tomorrow morning, say what I have to say and leave." I shrugged as we squished ourselves down the tiny isle, making our way to first class.

"So you don't have any personal feelings about this at all?"

I shook my head as we sat down. "No, what happened happened. I wasn't gonna sit around and cry about getting kidnapped, real bitches don't sulk."

"You're something else Kyrie."

"Yeah, a real ass bitch." I laughed.

Omniscient
US District Court, Washington D.C

Kyrie sat bored looking around the bland courtroom while Kamiyah was asleep beside her. She just wanted to wrap up here and go home.

"Now do you remember what I told you to say when you go up there?" Patrick, the Laurent's family lawyer said to Kyrie.

She shook her head. "I don't need a script, I'm gonna go up there and say exactly what happened."

Patrick took a deep breath, knowing Kyrie he already expected the worst. She didn't exactly have a filter when it came to speaking her mind— especially when so much was riding on it like today.

Soon the courtroom filled up with people— on of them being Cheryll. She shrugged in without a care in the world and sat down in br appointed seat, her legal team on either side of her. Kyrie sneered at her before focusing her attention back on something else.

A few minutes later Lucas was escorted in by 2 policemen— his hands cuffed firmly behind his back.

"Orange really isn't his color." Kyrie mumbled to herself.

"All rise! The honorable Judge Gregory Mathis presides."

**when I tell yall I hate myself sksksks, imma whole ass mess**

"You May be seated now."

Kyrie sat and straightened out her pencil skirt. This should be short and sweet right? Plus, the judge was black so that just gave her more leverage than she already had.

"Alright, today we have the case of Ms. Laurent against the Richardson Family. Mr. Lucas Richardson is facing 20 years without bail." He adjusted his glasses and looked up. "Ms. Laurent, would you like to start?"

"Yes, your honor." Kyrie stood. "Before the incident Lucas— Mr. Richardson had been harassing me daily and constantly sent me gifts either to my workplace or to my current living place."

"Gifts? We're there any other feelings involved?"

"We were together for a few years but separated when I found out he had been cheating."

"How long were you two separated prior to the incident?"

"A few months your honor."

"And do you recall anything from the day of the kidnapping?"

"Not much, I just remember walking to my car and then feeling a sharp pain in the back of my head."

"Do you recall anything from the time you actually spent in his captivity?"

"Y-Yes. It was mainly just abuse, he would beat me for no reason some days... there were also a few instances where he tried to rape me—"

"All of these accusations are false your honor!" Cheryll butted in. "I will not have my sons' name be slandered like this! He is not a monster!"

"Lady if you don't sitcho' old ass do—" Kamiyah started but was interrupted by Judge Mathis.

"Settle down, I want to hear Ms. Richardson's side of the story now. Please continue."

"Well, you see ever since Lucas was a baby he'd been diagnosed with an extreme version Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. At first, like any mother, I'd thought it was just towards little things like cleaning but soon I found it it was more so towards people—"

"Are you saying your son become obsessed with people...?"

"Yes your honor, I-I have all his medical information right here." She searches through her purse before pulling out files upon files of papers. "This is all his medical information since being diagnosed."

Mathis shook his head. "I don't need to see those, I believe you. Just a few questions though, is this the first time he's done something this extreme because of his mental inabilities?"

Cheryll nodded vigorously. "Yes, he's never done anything of this nature before." She lied. He's done worse, she'd always just cover it up.

"I see, well in that case obviously prion isn't where he needs to be."

Both Kyrie and Kamiyah looked between each other and then at the judge.

"Um, your honor with all due respect I do think jail is where he indeed needs to be if he kidnapped Kyrie what stops him from kidnapping someone else or doing worse!" Kamiyah argued

"My son would never—"

"Don't you think it's too late to say he'd never know? I mean just look at where we are." Kamiyah narrowed her eyes at Cheryll.

"Enough! If I may finish what I was saying now." Judge Mathis looked between Cheryll and Kamiyah, they both sat down immediately. "Good, I have come to the conclusion that Lucas is not stable enough to be an active member in society so I am sentencing him to be kept at Washington D.C Mental Health and Rehabilitation Center for as long as they see fit."

"No! You can't do that to him! He's— he's just a child!"

"He's a 30-year-old man and is well aware of his errors Ms. Richardson. I am also adding an additional $85,000 to the current fee's placed against him for Ms. Laurent's trauma she might have experienced with him."

"But—"

"That is all. Thank you jury for your service today, the court adjourned." He slammed his gavel down before leaving. Lucas was full blown crying and so was his mother. Kyrie and Kamiyah, on the other hand, were jumping up and down squealing like little girls.

"We did it bitch, and you got all that money." Kamiyah sighed as the two walked down the courthouse steps. Cheryll was already at the bottom of the steps falsely answering the press's questions trying to make her family name still look good.

"C'mon girl, we have a flight to catch." Kamiyah pulled Kyrie down the rest of the steps and into their car.