13

Kyrie

"Uh, can I get a quarter pounder, large fry, and large sprite no ice please?"

"Is that all for you today ma'am?"

"Mhm." I responded reaching over to grab my wallet from my work bag

"$16.74 first window."

I pulled up and practically threw my money at the girl, a bitch was more than ready to be blessed with that food.

"Thank you." I smiled taking the bag and my drink before speeding home. Tonight I wasn't even planning on stressing about Lucas and his bullshit, it was just going to be me, my food, and my hulu premium.

--

"Alexa turn on the lights!" I yelled as I entered my home

"Turning on lights." Her electronic voice replied back. At least she's good at something.

I hummed happily making my way to the kitchen but soon stopped once my eyes landed on the pair that were sitting at my island, Lucas and his mother. He's always been a mommas bitch which made him practically impossible to work with half the time. Anything his mother said went and there were no questions asked.

"Kyrie dear, it's so good to see you! It's been too long." She stood up from the barstool making her way over to me pulling me into an unwanted hug. I awkwardly hugged her back glaring at Lucas.

"Good to see you as well ma'am." I replied blandly, I was not in the mood for either of these two tonight.

She pulled away still holding my shoulders tightly as she examined me. "Where are you coming from hun? And why are you dressed so... distastefully? This outfit doesn't really suit you especially since you've gained-"

"Okay, mother I think that's enough now!" Lucas interrupted laughing nervously. "Don't you think you should be leaving?" He gestured towards the hallway

She glared at him for a moment before finally speaking. "Of course, I wouldn't want to disturb you too. I'll be leaving now." She grabbed her purse from the island. "Oh and Lucas dear, don't forget about what I said."

He nodded as she escorted herself out.

"So, no meetings tonight huh?"

"Babe don't be like that."

"Don't be like what? Aren't you the one that's been so busy?"

"Kyrie it's not like that I've-"

"Ah, shhh, you don't even have to explain yourself I get it. Just don't expect anything from me for the next few weeks since you want to be so god damn busy."

I knew I was being the pettiest bitch right now but I couldn't help it, what else did he expect? You can't just dog me out and then come back like everything's normal again. I ignored his pleas for me to listen as I strolled upstairs, his fault.

Omniscient

"So sorry I'm late, I had to make a few stops." Cheryll said sliding into the small restaurant booth. "You couldn't have chosen a better meeting spot?" She scrunched up her nose in disgust looking as her eyes skimmed the lower class that were seated around her.

"This was the most discreet place so stop complaining. We're here to do business." The stranger said sternly only glancing up for a few seconds before going back to eyeing her menu.

"Look I'm not here to watch you pick appetizers. You said you could help me so help dammit." Cheryll gritted tapping her manicured nails on the table in clear annoyance.

"Relax Cheryll, the only way this can work is if we're friends, remember?"

"To hell with your friendship, just tell me what you know!"

"I'd advise you to stop screaming, we're in a public place." The stranger warned she didn't think the woman would be this bothersome. "Now if you're finished we can start."

Cheryll huffed taking a sip of her iced water.

"You're family with Kyrie Laurent correct?"

"Too familiar." Cheryll rolled her eyes thinking about the girl. She'd never liked her, she only put up with her and her family for the sake of her families fortune.

"You don't seem to enjoy her either." The stranger chuckled "As we both know she recently picked up a job a few months ago and she's been getting quite close with one of our patients.." the stranger slide the small envelope over the table

Cheryll, reluctant at first soon grabbed it and wasted no time ripping it open carefully looking at each picture, her face slowly turning into one of disgust as she flipped through them more frantically. "Who is this man? Is she cheating on my son?!"

"Relax, as far as I know, they've done nothing. The man's identity isn't of any importance right now, what matters is us separating them so we can both get our happily ever after's."

"Absolutely, what do we do first?"

"Let's work on getting her fired first. Once that's done we can move forward."

____

👀