37

Kyrie

"You'll be fine

"You'll be fine." I said to Chris, linking my arm in his. We woke up way later than expected and missed breakfast. We walked through the house until we found the backyard, which was filled with people of all ages. Christopher had a huge family. We walked around aimlessly for a while before spotting Lytrell with a few other women.

"Oh, Kyrie come over here." Lytrell waved us over.

As we walked closer to her and the group, Christopher became stiff. I rubbed small circles around his forearm as we approached them.

"And who're these lovely individuals?" One of the older women asked pushing her glasses up.

"This is Chris and Kyrie and their daughter Royalty."

All three women gasped. "You don't mean this is..?"

Lytrell nodded. "It's him." She grinned.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you all." I greeted.

"Oh hun, the pleasures all mine! Are you hungry? Do you want some water or anything?"

"No, we're fine for now, thank you though."

"Are you sure you don't—"

"Patrice leave the girl alone, she said she's fine." Another woman scolded before turning to us. "Nice to meet you, dear, I'm Vanessa but around here people call me auntie Vee." She smiled.

"It's very nice to meet you." I turned to Chris. "Aren't you gonna say anything?"

"Hi." Was all he uttered.

I sighed. "I'm sorry about him, he's still adjusting to all of this."

"Don't apologize, hun, we understand this is all new to him." Patience smiled sympathetically. "So how did you two meet exactly?"

"Um, I was actually his nurse for a while and then over time we just gradually started liking each other more than we thought."

"Aww, that's so sweet. When did she come along?" She asked referring to Royalty.

"She's not mine actually. Chris was sexually abused before I came along and she was the result."

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear the Chris."

He didn't say another, just nodded. "Kyrie?"

"Hm?"

"Can I go play?" He asked pointing behind me. A few of his family members were playing a very intense game of basketball.

"Sure, go ahead." I let his arm go and he ran off.

"He seems very sweet." Aunt Vee said.

"He is, but he can be really disagreeable at times."

"Oh don't I know it girl." We all shared a laugh. "How about we go inside and you can help set up lunch?"

"Sure I'd love to."

——

"Mommy." Royalty whined. "Avery said I was a baby."

"You are!" Avery, Royalty's youngest cousin said coming around the corner of the island.

"Am not! I'm a big girl! I'm this many!" She held up 3 fingers.

"Well, I'm this many!" He held up 5. "I'm bigger."

"I'm faster!"

"I'm stronger!"

"I'm smarter!"

They went back and forth until another voice abruptly stopped them.

"Hey, Hey, Hey, What did I tell you about yelling in my house Avery?" A light-skinned woman barked strolling into the kitchen.

"Sorry, momma Joyce

"Sorry, momma Joyce." Avery put his head down.

"Now apologize to that girl."

"Sorry Royalty."

"Good, now you to go play. Go on, get out." She shooed them out the back door.

"I swear, there's always a new person every year at these reunions." She sighed turning back around. "Oh?" She said once her eyes landed on me. "And who are you?"

I outstretched my hand smiling. "Nice to meet you, I'm Christopher's girlfriend, Kyrie."

She looked at me questionably before shaking her head. "You must be at the wrong function dear, there's no Christopher here anymore."

"Momma, she's telling the truth she really did bring Chris and that pretty little thing that just ran out with Avery is their daughter," Lytrell spoke up.

"Did y'all put something in the kool-aid? There ain't no way—"

The back for swung open and a sweaty Chris walked in with the rest of them who were playing.

"Damn, I ain't know he knew how to play like that." One of the men said trying to catch his breath. Chris came around the island and wrapped his sweaty arms around me grinning.

"I won." He smiled.

"I can see—and smell that babe. How about you go take a victory shower?" I suggested.

He shook his head, puckering his lips. "Kiss."

"Chris no, get away." I tried wiggling out of his hold but that only made him grip tighter.

"Kisss."

"No!" I giggled. "Go shower, you stink."

"You better let her know wassup cuz'!" One of the men said. I forgot they were here honestly.

"I don't believe this." The light skinned woman said.

"We didn't believe it either for a while." One of the men shrugged. "But once he started talking we knew it was real." They all started laughing.

The woman came around the corner.

"Christopher, baby, do you remember me?"

Chris shook his head.

"I'm your mother."

——
Next chapter y'all are about to find out what happened to Chris & why he is the way he is 😊

Don't forget to comment and vote sis!