10

Kyrie

"Morning Christopher." I greeted. It's been about a week since I've been assigned to him and it's been going great so far. I've actually started to build some trust for him- of course, I don't fully trust him yet but I'm not as uncomfortable around him.

"Hi." He smiled setting down the book he was writing in.

"I brought you some breakfast." I handed him his tray. He muttered a small thank you before digging in. I was honestly getting bored of his 'routine'. Every morning I'd bring him breakfast, we'd hang out for a bit, then follow the same routine for lunchtime and dinner until I go home. I could tell he was bored of his own routine as well.

I sat down on the side of his bed waiting for him to finish eating. "Can I ask you a question?"

He hummed nodding his head, his mouth full of grits.

"Why don't you ever go outside?"

He swallowed "Nia said no. N-nobody like me. I safe here." He shrugged sadly

I furrowed my brows. She'd been feeding him a load of bullshit. How long had she been telling him this?

"Finish eating. We're going outside today."

His eyes widened with fear. "N-no! I-I don't want trouble."

"Hey, hey, calm down." I set my hand on his now shaking leg "You won't get it trouble I promise, I will make sure you won't."

His eyes lit up. "Really?" He breathed out

I nodded "Hurry." I laughed playfully rushing him

___

"Woow." Christopher said in awe taking it all in. We hadn't walked more than a few feet away from his hallway and he was already amazed by everything and everyone.

"You having fun already?" I asked looking up at him with an amused grin on my face

He nodded quickly trailing behind me as I led him to the recreational area of the facility. It was broken up into 3 main parts; sports, arts, and entertainment. Entertainment was the closest area so I decided to take Christopher there first.

"Here we are." I grabbed his large hand leading him inside the building. "Welcome to the Rec area."

He looked around in amazement. It wasn't much, only a large tv with movies and board games scattered around for people to play but he seemed very interested.

"We... we going to watch a movie?"

"No, maybe another time. C'mon we have more to see."

He absolutely loved the sports area, he immediately took a liking to basketball the most. He didn't quite get the game or what it was about, he just liked throwing the ball to me and watching me shoot. Every time I would make it he would cheer for me.

The last area we made our way to was the arts area. It was just basic pairing and drawing that happened in here, I figured he'd like it the most since he's always doing something in that book of his. I was right, the minute he caught sight of paint he left me to go explore.

"Christopher!" I yelled racing around the building. I couldn't have lost him that quickly... could I? I stopped in my tracks when I got a glimpse of him staring at a random wall of paintings done by other patients.

"Don't do that! You can't just run away like that." I scolded lightly once I made my way over it him.

"Sorry." He muttered quietly, his eyes not leaving the wall.

"You like to paint?"

"Y-yeah."

"Well how about I bring you back here tomorrow and you can't paint all you want. How does that sound Christopher?" I offered. Hopefully, this would get him away so we could start heading back, it was almost time for his lunch.

"Y-you promise?" He held up his pinky

"Yes Christopher, I promise." I linked my pinky with his "And I don't break my promises."

____

____

We were walking down his hallway and were only s few feet away from his door when I caught glimpse of Nia standing by it- looking irritated. I mentally rolled my eyes as we approached her.

"Hello, Nia." I greeted blandly

"Where did you take him? I had specific orders not to let him leave this room!" She barked, some of her saliva hitting my face

"We just went out for a quick walk. I never left him alone."

"I don't care what you did! You don't know what he is capable if he could've- he could've-," she paused thinking of what to say

"I can assure he didn't know anything he wasn't supposed to. I monitored him very closely."

"Mhmm." She eyed me before cutting her eyes to Christopher "I told you to never leave this room, didn't I? Why don't you listen?" She spoke harshly

"I-"

"Shut up! You're on punishment." She turned back to me "Your shift is over, I'll take it from here Kourtney." She waved me off before dragged Christopher back in his room.

I huffed in annoyance before making my way over to Royalty's room, I hadn't seen her in a while and I was starting to miss her and her antics.

I quickly spotted her curls amongst the other children in the playroom and made my way over to her.

"Hi RoRo," I said from behind her. She turned quickly, her eyes lighting up when they met mine.

"Hi!" She squealed hugging my leg "I miss you."

"I missed you too."

"Why... why you leave me?" He huffed

I laughed at the face she was making, she was so serious about it. Her brows her furrowed and her lips held an adorable pout.

"I didn't mean to leave you, I promise. I just got... busy."

"Oh, okay!" She replies cheerily "you come to visit more?"

"Of course I'll visit you every day. I swear." I crossed my finger over my chest. She giggled mimicking my actions.

"Love you, Ms. Ri."

"I love you to Royalty."