16

Kyrie 

"Poor little crab." I mumbled to myself pushing around the last crab leg I had left on my plate. Maybe I should go vegan? I wiggled around in my seat looking around the large ballroom, I probably looked like a child with severe ADHD right now.

I knew I should've have come, I was bored and didn't know what to do with myself at this point. Lucas, of course, ran off to go greet everybody per his mother's request like the little momma's boy he is leaving me at the head table with nothing but endless crab legs and other foods I couldn't pronounce the name of.

I eyed everyone in the room until I spotted Lucas off by the bar area with some old white men I didn't know... but probably should. I got up making my way over to him.

"Hey babe." I smiled wrapped my arms around his torso

"Oh Kyrie, meet Mr. Buffet and Mr. Ortega." He introduced me.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled as convincingly as possible, I should've just stayed at the table with my crab legs.

"Oh, so this is Kyrie. You're s very lucky girl." One of them said

"Congratulations, by the way, it's not every day somebody in our line of work settles down."

I just smiled and nodded having no idea what they were talking about. Lucas was probably on his lying shit again.

"Well, you know.. we're all about settling here.." I replied trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"So what're your plans after this? Is there's a litt-"

My phone vibrated cutting him off.

"Excuse me, I need to take this." I said without even pulling my phone out, I just needed an excuse to leave. I made my way out of the ballroom to the beach outside before pulling my phone out.

Unknown Caller

I shrugged and answered anyway. "Hello?"

"Ky... kyrie?"

"Christopher?!"

"Yeah.. it's me." He giggled "I- I miss you."

"I miss you too! Oh gosh, how're you even calling me, who's phone is this?"

"Um.. hospital phone? Mia gave me number."

Usually, I don't like people giving out my number, but for this, I'll make an exception.

"It's so good to hear your voice."

"I miss your voice to... a-and your smile.. a-and laugh." He dragged on "Where you go? Why you leave?"

"I went on vacation chrissy, I'm in the Dominican Republic right now."

"Minican? What's a minican?"

"No Christopher, Dominican Republic." I corrected "It's like the beach."

"I like beach a-and the ocean... so beautiful... like you. When you back?"

"Soon, don't worry okay?"