30

A note: Christopher doesn't have tattoos y'all! In most pictures that work for this story, he does but in this story just ignore em' and pretend his skin is clean. Okay? Okay.

Kyrie
2 months later

"Like this mommy?" Royalty looked up at me as she put away Chris' new socks I bought for him, he keeps misplacing them.

"Yes like that baby, you're doing good." We were currently sitting in Chris and I's closet sorting through the piles on piles of laundry that had slowly started to topple on each other. This past week has been especially difficult for me because I just got sick out of nowhere, it's just been nausea and headaches but they were unbearable.

While I've been in bed it's mainly been Chris taking care of Royalty all on his own for the most part— he quickly got a hang of the whole dad thing, he even started to wear dad hats.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Ro?"

"Can we go see my room now?" She asked excitedly. She's been dying all week to see what Chris and I have done to her room. It was kind of difficult for me to pick out anything for her because she'd always say 'whatever I like, is what she likes.' She got that from Chris and now they're both going around saying it.

"Sure baby, let's go see if your dad is done." I stood up from my spot on the floor and scooped her up. She continued to talk my ear off about Sofia the First as we walked down the hall to her room.

Once we entered Chris turned to us and smiled

"Hey," I said as I set Royalty down and let her explore her new room. She was very excited about it too.

"Hi Kyrieee, I finish." Chris smiled proudly at himself. "Is it... is it good?"

I nodded. "It's perfect, better than I expected, you didn't get any paint on the floor or anything."

"I tried... for you." He smiled

"Mhm, I know you did." I bit down on my lip. "Maybe we could go back to the room and—"

A loud banging on the front door caught both me and Chris off guard, Royalty was still rolling around on her new carpet. I groaned dragging myself towards the door.

"Just when I was about to get some dick too." I mumbled angrily swinging the door open. "What do you— mom?"

"Hi, sweet pea." She smiled looking past me a bit. "May I come in? These heels are starting to hurt."

I slowly opened the door wider, letting her inside.

"I see you're doing very good for yourself." She looked around the condo. "This is so you."

"Thanks," I said dryly

She clears her throat. "You haven't been answering your calls, your father and I have been very worried about you."

"Where is he?"

"He had a business meeting—"

"Of course he did."

"Kyrie..."

"No, no, it's cool. I have other things to worry about anyway." I shrug, pushing past her and walking into the kitchen.

"Oh that's why I came, how have you been holding up? You know since the... incident." She whispered

"I was kidnapped, there's no need to whisper it. What happened, happened."

"How could you be over such a thing so quickly?"

"Easy, I just don't think about it anymore. I'm more so concerned now with providing for my family."

"Family." Her face scrunched up. "What Family? I know you're surely not talking about me or your father."

"No. I have a boyfriend and a child that depend on me now." I say nonchalantly

She looks at me questionably. "Kyrie... are you doing drugs?"

"What?"

"Are you doing drugs? I understand you're probably hurting but honey drugs are not—"

"I'm not doing anything ma. I have a lovely boyfriend named Chris and a daughter named Royalty."

"Kyrie—"

Before she could finish her sentence Royalty's small footsteps were approaching us and Christopher's loud thudding ones were right behind her.

"Mommy!" Royalty squealed grabbing onto my legs. Chris came around the island as well and wrapped his arms around me. My mother looked at all three of us and her expression softened.

"When did all this happen Kyrie?"

"It was all kind of rushed honestly." I shrugged. "It's a long story."

"I see..." she trailed off before kneeling down to Royalty's level. "Hello there, what's your name?"

"Royalty."

"That's a very beautiful name Royalty, did you daddy name you?"

She shrugged. "I don't know."

"Ahh, I see. Do you know who I am?"

I rolled my eyes at her questions, of course, she wouldn't know who she was.

"Nope." She shook her head causing her curls to bounce. "You look like my mommy... but old." She giggled

"I'm your mommy's mommy."

"Oh... you're old."

My mother laughed at her quirkiness before standing up, eyeing Chris.

"Hello." She outstretched her hand. "I'm Athena and you are?"

"Oh, uh," Chris put his hand in hers. "C-Christopher."

"No need to be nervous, I don't bite." She chuckled. "How long have you and my daughter been together?"

"O-one month..? N-no! Two! Right, Kyrie?"

"It's three months baby."

"Wow, three months and you're already taking care of his child?"

"They came together, I couldn't get him without her," I said honestly.

"Oh, I see, like a combo deal." She laughed.

"Yeah... something like that."