9

Omniscient

Nia sighed happily rolling over to the other side of Christopher's small bed, getting up. They had just finished making love again; at least that's what she saw it as. Chris was curled into a small ball on the other side of his bed shaking. It usually took him a while to calm down whenever Nia would rape him.

"You're getting a new nurse tomorrow." Nia sighed. Christopher's eyes lit up when he heard the word 'new', he didn't exactly know what a nurse was but the word new was usually always good.

"Don't get too excited, she probably won't want to deal with you for more than two weeks and then I'll be right back here baby." She smirked pulling her hair into a bun

"I-I not your baby." He frowned. He hated when she would call him pet names like that- or in general. He didn't really like anybody calling him anything other than Chris, to be honest.

"That's fine, you're just in denial. I know you love me."

His face twisted up at the word 'love'. He knew what it was and he most defiantly didn't have those feelings towards her.

"Go 'way." Christopher grumbled, annoyed with her presence. Usually, she didn't say this long. She would come in, get what she had to get done, and leave.

"Good night Chris." She said leaving out of his room. Once the door close and he was met with comfortable silence he rolled over grabbing his sketchbook from under his bed. He'd been working on another woman, he didn't know her name but she was in one of the many movies that he had and he'd taken a liking to her. He was mainly intrigued by her smooth chocolate skin and big brown eyes.

He hummed silently to himself finishing up the detailing on her upper lip. Soon he was sleep, his pencil, and book discarded next to him.

Little did he know the next morning his life was about to change forever.

The next morning
Kyrie

"What if he's a psychopath? What I'm I supposed to do?" I said anxiously to Kamiyah as we made our way to our ward of the hospital

"Relax Kyrie, you'll be okay." She reassured me rubbing my back

Yesterday I was so calm, cool, and collected about this whole situation but know the nervousness and anxiety was creeping up on me. I have no idea what this man looks like, how old he is, or who he is. All I know is what Nia told us about him.

Every day she'd go on and on about how he was hostile in every way imaginable. She claimed he would hit her and spit on her constantly and had a terrible temper. Nobody in the ward wanted to mess with him.

"What about what Nia said? I don't wanna get attacked."

"Oh hush, he won't attack you. What Nia probably said was all bullshit."

She could be right.

"Yeah, I guess," I mumbled as we made it to my hallway. My hand started shaking.

"Hey, Hey, look at me Kyrie.." Kamiyah turned my head towards her "You are a bad bitch, you can get through this." She nodded her head with every word

"I can do this." I repeated back. I kept repeating the phrase as I made my way down the hallway. As I could closer and closer I got more nervous. What was I supposed to expect? The only information I ha don him was his name and age.

Christopher Brown.

I stared at the name on the door for what seemed like hours until I finally built the courage to open it. The room was relatively small. Only a bed with two pillows, with a dresser opposite. The dresser had a small T.V on top with stacks of movies on either side. My eyes scanned the room until they landed on him.

He stared back at me curiously. Probably waiting on my to say or do something.

 Probably waiting on my to say or do something

"Uh- hi." I stuttered nervously. He got up from his position on the bed slowly making his way towards me. My heartbeat quickened. He had backed me up to the opposite wall and was just staring down at me with his blank look in his eyes. What was he thinking about?

My hands started shaking again, I felt like nothing compared to him. He had to be at least 6'3 or 6'4 and I was only 5'4. I stopped growing when I was 14, don't judge me.

He looked down at my hands before scooping them up in his larger ones.

"Warm now?" He asked looking into my eyes rubbing our hands together slowly

Wha- oh he thought I was cold.

"I, uh, yeah. I-I'm warm." I mumbled pulled my hands away from his.

"I-I'm Chris." He pointed to himself grinning wildly "You?" He asked curiously pointing towards my chest now.

"My names Kyrie.." I said softly "I know you probably don't know me, but your new nurse." I explained

His eyes narrowed a bit before becoming wide. He gasped. "No more Nia." He said excitedly.

Damn, he hated her to?

"Y-you stay? Here with me?"

I nodded. He squealed excitedly, soon pulling me into a tight hug.

Maybe this wasn't so bad.