28

Kyrie
A few days later

"I think this piece would look really cute in your living room." Kamiyah pointed to gray sectional displayed in the IKEA furniture set.

"No, we only came here for plates and nothing more." I said strolling past her to the silverware and dish section of the large store.

"But Kyrieee.." She whined from behind me. "It's so cute."

"Then buy it for your place."

"But I don't need it."

"Exactly, now come on. I heard they're having a 2 for 1 sale on plates and bowls."

_____

I sighed out in relief pulling up to my driveway

I sighed out in relief pulling up to my driveway. Today was hectic and all I wanted to do was take a hot shower and go to sleep in my new condo. I had walked up to the door when I noticed a few packages, the top one had a large label that read: Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York.

I smiled to myself knowing this was either for Royalty or Chris since I'd mailed the paperwork over before I went down to DC.

Once I got inside and was seated in the living room I popped open the box. There was a bunch of stuff inside, on top of everything was an envelope that was addressed to me from the hospital.

"Hello ,Ms. Kyrie Laurent thank you for making the generous choice to adopt..." I trailed off and started scanning the paper until my eyes hit the bottom. "We are happy to inform you that everything is in order for you to come topick her up July 3rd, 2016. Please come in when convenient before the pickup date to discuss details."

I practically jumped out of my skin when I read the last sentence, I was finally going to get my baby. I discarded the letter somewhere and went through the rest of the box. It was just basic things like her file, a picture of her, and a few educational books on how to care for people like her.

I threw the books out because they weren't needed, I already knew how to care for her. I was so overjoyed that I started sending out texts to people telling them the news.

The next day...

I shifted in the leather seat excitedly waiting for the adoption people to come in; I care a whole half hour early because I was so eager to get this over with.

The door opened and a short red-haired woman scurried in.

"Sorry for the wait Ms. Laurent, it was extremely hard to find all these documents." She huffed setting everything down on her mahogany desk before plopping down into her chair.

"No worries, this is worth the wait." I grinned.

She gave me a warm smile back. "Now, everything is ready for Royalty we could even speed up with pick up date if you'd like?"

I nodded my head vigorously. "I want her as soon as possible."

"Well aren't you eager." She chuckled. "I just need you to sign a few things first..." she trailed off searching through the stack of papers before pulling out a small stack.

"What's all this?" I questioned flipping through the stack.

"Just legal things." She shrugged. "It's just the basics like healthcare and where she will be staying, things like that. Also, there's a disclosure agreement somewhere in there that states if you feel you can't care for her anymore you can bring her ba—"

"Can I not sign that one? I mean, I don't plan if every bring her back here anyway."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I said starting to sign some of the papers in front of me.

"Um, alright then."

I quickly worked my way through the stack and pushed it back to her.

"That was very fast, I don't think I've ever seen someone so keen to adopt from us before." She out the stack of papers into a separate file. "Now, I understand you're looking to also adopt her father?"

"Huh? I never said anything about her father..."

"It says right here along with Royalty Brown you wanted to also adopt a Christopher M. Brown?"

"Excuse me?"

"You weren't aware that they were related?"

"N-no? Um, could I see royalty's birth certificate please, if you have it."

"Sure thing darling." She reaches back into her file cabinet and flipping through a few things before pulling out Royalty's birth certification.

I quickly snatched the paper from her hands and scanned it, and sure enough there it was

This certificates that
Royalty Brown
Was born to
Nia Guzman & Christopher M. Brown
On May 27, 2014 at 8:45pm
Weight: 5.56 LBS Length: 51 CM
At: Weill Cornell Medicine Global Pediatrics in Manhattan, New York

Mother Signature: Nia Guzman
Father Signature: ——

I didn't want to believe that she'd do sksmthjg like this to him, but it was right in front of me. There's no we he voluntarily had sex with her... was there?

"Um, Ms. Laurent are you alright?"

"Oh, y-yeah." I set the birth certificate down on her desk again

"Do you still feel comfortable going through with this?" She questioned.

I took a deep breath. "Yeah, where are his papers?"

____

This book is just gonna be on a small downfall from here y'all. There's no more drama to be had.

 There's no more drama to be had