15

Kyrie

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of this view." I mumbled to myself leaning over our hotel terrace banister. We've been in the Dominican Republic for a few days now and I was loving everything about it. I could practically feel the stress from the past few weeks melt away.

The only downside to the whole trip was that Lucas was barely around, turns out it was more so a business trip than it was a family one. I didn't mind at first since I enjoy spending time by myself but then Emily showed up and wouldn't leave me alone, I can't even think without her popping up.

I didn't blame her though, we went from being the best of friends to barely speaking to each other- even though it was more so her fault we fell off. I honestly wasn't interested in starting fresh with her but Lucas insisted.

Like clockwork my phone buzzed, I sighed already knowing who it was.

Acquaintance: Good morning 😘! Get ready, I'll be @ your hotel in 10 minutes

Jesus, she couldn't give me at least an hour?

Ok.

I groaned walking back inside the room to prepare for whatever antics she had for us to do today.

Later

"What color are you getting?" Emily asked annoyingly for the 12th time this hour. We were having a 'girls day' and the first stop was the nail salon. "We should get matching colors like we use to, remember?" She continued on, I eventually started to tune her out as I looked through the nail swatches.

Kamiyah suddenly came to my mind, she'd always been good at this nail shit. I pulled out my phone and went over to our text thread.

Heyyy best friend.

K: Oh so you remember me now?

Wym?

K: You ain't text me good night last night, you don't love me no more.

Oh hush 🙄 But I need your help with something.

What's up?

Which color? I'm torn between black and red

K: Fuck both them colors, do silver

Will do! 

K: Go head and shine on them Dominican hoes

I grinned exiting out of our thread, she always knows how to make me smile.

"Who was that?" Emily said, clear aggravation laced in her voice.

"A friend." I replied back in a bored tone, she was about to start her jealousy shit again and I most defiantly was not here for it today.

"What frie-"

"You girls pick color yet?" The Asian nail lady asked coming up to us. I silently thanked God for sending her our way before Emily made me snap.

"Yes actually, I want this." I pointed to the silver color on one of the many color pallets that gave us "Could you also do them coffin style."

The woman nodded before turning to Emily asking the same question. "I'll just do the same." She smiled. I rolled my eyes as the lady led us to the back, I was already over this day.

Later

I smiled flipping through the racks of clothing. After we got our nails done Emily dragged me all around the mall to find a dress for this party we're supposed to be attending tonight.

"Kyrie, what do you think of this?" Emily said holding up a strappy white dress to her body.

"It's cute."

She huffed. "I don't want something cute, I want something sexy. I heard there's going to be tons of eligible bachelors at that party." She put the dress back before going hunting for more.

"Aren't you dating somebody?"

"Was, me and hunter broke up."

"Oh, that's disappointing, why? I actually liked him."

"My parents didn't. He was to.. basic."

I rolled my eyes, basic to her parents meant not rich. If your net worth didn't match theirs, they didn't even spare you a glance.

"So you left him because he didn't have enough money to babysit you?"

She gasped. "Not true! He just couldn't keep up with my lifestyle."

"Mhmm, alright." I side eyed her. "I'm gonna try this on, I'll be right back."

Omniscient

"What're you pacing around for? Stop it." She scolded harshly from her spot on the bed.

"What if she says no mom? What am I supposed to do then." I groaned out rubbing my hands over my face.

"She won't say no so erase those thoughts from your head right now." She took a sip of her wine "And even if we were to her parents would convince her otherwise."

"I guess." I mumbled, "What're we supposed to do about the issue though?"

"Don't worry about that or her. Just focus on tonight I'll be taking care of everything for us."

"I don't think she'd want a man with a-"

"Don't remind me. You put everything in jeopardy just for your own selfish needs."

"I'm the selfish one? Do you even comprehend what you're doing right now?"

"It's all for good reason dear, don't you trust mommy?"

I sighed running my tongue against my bottom lip. "I do... are you still working with that woman?"

"Don't worry about that, nothing of that matter concerns you. Just focus on tonight."

"Alright."

"Good boy." She grinned "Now get ready, and remember do not do anything I wouldn't do."

_____

I'm trying to hard not to lose motivation for this story 😩