41

Omniscient

"So I was thinkin' you could do it right after the fireworks

"So I was thinkin' you could do it right after the fireworks. You know, be all romantic and shit." Mijo suggested as him and Christopher ate breakfast together outside. Ever since Mijo mentioned a proposing to Kyrie, that's all Christopher has been thinking about. He wanted to do it as soon as possible.

"No. I- I want the beach."

Mijo shrugged. "I mean you can do whatever you want with it honestly bro, it's your girl."

"I want it to be good." He mumbled, this is the most stressed he'd ever been in his life.

"I mean it don't got to be perfect, I think she'll like it either way with whatever you choose to do."

"You think... you think she'll say yes?" Christopher asked, concern laced in his voice. The last thing he wanted was for Kyrie to say no because that meant that she didn't love him anymore— well to him at least.

"What type of question is that? Nigga if she say no, I'll smack her damn weave off."

"Don't hurt Kyrie!"

"Relax, I was joking." Mijo chuckled at Chris' defensiveness. "But I can tell that girl really do love you Chris, I mean she can't really get rid of you now."

"Yeah..."

The back door slide opening catching both their attention.

"Why are y'all back here so early." Lytrell yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Just talkin'."

"About what?" She came around to their table and filled the empty seat, making herself comfortable.

"Man, just mind your own business Ly."

"Christopher's business is my business Barry."

"My name is Mijo."

"Oh hush up boy." She scolded lightly before turning to Chris. "What were y'all talking about?"

"Don't tell her Chris, she got the biggest mouth."

"You know good and well that's a lie."

"Oh yes you do, remember I'm 8th grade when you told everyone I peed myself during the final exam?"

"Nigga I ain't tell nobody about that, everyone saw it, your seat was dripping." She cackled.

"Ki ki ki ki." He mimicked.