34

Kyrie

"Are you excited?" I ask Chris as we stroll around the gallery

"Are you excited?" I ask Chris as we stroll around the gallery. He only nodded and didn't say anything. Last week when I brought up the idea of having his art shown in an exhibit he was ecstatic, ever since then all he's been doing his painting and drawing. Out of everyone else we've seen so far, he had the fullest exhibit, you could barely see the wall when you got to his part.

"Can we... can we go back to mine now?"

"We haven't even been away for more than 10 minutes." I laughed as he started pulling me along back to his exhibit. A few people were surrounding his art, one of them being Kamiyah with Royalty balanced on her hip.

"Oh my gosh, Chris I'm so proud of you!" She squealed giving him a tight hug. "This is amazing."

"Thank you." He smiled.

"Oh and Kyrie did you peep the main piece on his wall?"

"Yeah, I did." I grinned. He had painted me on this huge canvas that took up the majority of the wall. It was a little weird to have my face in XXL size on the wall honestly.

"He did a really good job with it honestly, I didn't know he did realism paintings

"He did a really good job with it honestly, I didn't know he did realism paintings."

"You and me both girl."

"How's little baby brown doing? I hope he or she isn't being too hard on you."

"This child is giving me no type of mercy!" I groaned.

She chuckled. "It gets better."

"How far along are you?"

"We 7 months in this bitch! I can't wait to have this bag out of me next month."

"You mean 2 months, babies come at 9 months Miyah."

"You serious?" She said in disbelief

"Very."

"I knew I should've never trusted Derricks stupid ass."

"Derrick been feeding you lies girl." I cackled.

We talked some more and people slowly started surrounding Chris' wall more and more. It got to the point where there was whole crowds. People left and right were bombarding both me and Chris.

"Excuse me, ma'am." I barely got time to catch my breath before yet another woman came up to me.

"Yes?"

"Is this painting for sale? My son wants it in his room." She smiled pointing towards the pop art painting Chris did of some superhero whose name I didn't bother to remember.

"Ummm, I don't know if my boyfriend wants to sell them or not."

"Please." She begged. "Name a price, and I'll pay it."

I thought of the wildest number in my head that would make this woman leave. "$15,000?"

"Deal." She said before grabbing her checkbook from her purse.

My mouth hung open as I took the check from her.

"Oh, okay, um, let me get it down for you."

After I got the painting down and gave it to the woman there were 4 more people behind me demanding paintings and calling out the most outrageous prices. We ended up selling all of Chris' work that night, except for the one of me. He refused to let that one go.

"Kyrieee, what do I do with this?"Christopher asked pushing checks and scrap pieces of paper my way. I looked through the checks first, Chris really swindled these people. I could buy a house with most of these. I went through the scrap pieces of paper next.

"You took orders from people?" I asked looking over everything. The papers all had names, addresses, phone numbers, and what the person wanted done; most of the names popped up 3 or 4 times again on different pieces of paper.

"Remind me to get your more paint tomorrow Chris," I said as I stuffed everything into my purse.

"Okay." He grinned.

I thanked my aunt for everything as we walked out of the gallery hand in hand.

____

A lil' short chapter for y'all 😊

It's 5 am and I just got in the writing mood.