24

Omniscient

"What're you packing for?" Kyrie asked sitting up from her spot in the bed. Her body still ached from the last beating she took from Lucas. She watches as Lucas huffily ran around the room throwing clothes into the 2 large suitcases that sat on the bed on either side of her.

He ignored and continued to rush in and out of the closet throwing whatever he could inside.

"C'mon." He mumbled picked her up bridal style, and then going to pick up the large suitcases. Kyrie wanted to hop out of his arms and protest but she was in too much pain to do so, instead, she laid her head in his chest and hoped for the best.

Once they had made it down the steps Lucas set Kyrie down on her feet and went to go grab the work shoes she came with. "Here, our them on." He threw each leg at her and went came into the coat closet to search for his.

"Where are we going?" Kyrie questioned.

"Kyrie please, we don't have time for this today just out on your shoes and wait for me."

Kyrie bent down and started putting on her shoes— not wanting to upset him further. Her body just couldn't take another beating right now. The scars were visible from a mile away.

Once the pair both had on their sneakers Lucas once again picked her up bridal style and started walking outside to the car. He didn't make it more than 2 steps down when 12 different laser beams were pointed at him and Kyrie. Before both of them knew it they were surrounded by armed men and police cars. Soon helicopters were circling overhead. Kyrie was more than relieved once she realized what was happened.

"Put the girl down now!" Screamed one of the many armed officers. Lucas only gripped onto Kyrie harder, trying to think of some sort of plan to get away, their flight to Australia was waiting for them and there was no way in hell he was going to miss it.

"This is your second warning, put the girl down!"

Lucas did the first thing that came to mind— he ran.

All that could be heard were multiple gunshots going off and he screams of both him and Kyrie.

Kyrie
Present day

"Is she alright?" I heard a voice ask, it was accompanied by a soft beeping in the background.

"Yes, from what we gathered so far she'll make a full recovery and be back and ready to work again next week."

"Thank you."

"It's my job Ms. Lashay."

I cracked my eyes open and hissed when I was met with bright lights. I blinked a few times before my eyes finally adjusted to what was in front of me. Kamiyah stood by my bedside, with a wide smile on her face.

"Hey." She started softly. "How're you feeling?"

"Good." I crossed out. Damn, I sounded horrible. "We're in the hospital?"

"Mhm."

"Where's Lucas? I-is he here too?"

"No, oh god no. He's at some prison being treated and held until his trial date."

"Oh."

"Yeah... those officers really fucked him up." She laughed. "I'm glad you're okay though."

"Girl me too, shittt." I joked.

"You're so annoying Kyrie I swear." She hit my arm. "Oh! Hold on I got something for you." She stood up from the chair and went over to her purse which was sitting on the couch opposite from us, she pulled out a few crumbled pieces of paper.

"What're these?" I asked picking up a few of them.

"Notes. From Christopher. He thinks I've been keeping you away and so he wrote a note for you every day you were gone, I took the liberty of writing the dates." She smiled proudly.

I smiled looking through everything. It was mainly just pictures that he'd drawn of me, or him, or me and him together. The writing wasn't so good but it was readable, and most of his spelling was wrong too. I started reading the first one.

Hiiiiii Kyrie.
I'm sorry for what I did to make you mad. Please com back. I mis you. I luv you. — chrįs
May 11th, 2016

"He wrote that one a day after you went missing." Kamiyah said pulled another note out of the stack. "Oh, he was a little nervous about giving me this one." She chuckled.

Hiiiii Kyrie!!! Hapy birthday!!! Miyah said today you areee 26!!!!!! I am 28 now. Hehe, I'm bigger than youuu. You stil didn't com bak today. I mis you a lot...... I mad you pictures.
Wil you b my girlfriend???? I luv you.... —chrįs

Yez                        Or                          No
June 15th, 2016

"I missed my own birthday? What day is it?"

"August 14th, 2017."

"What?!"

"I'm just joking, calm down! It's June 26th and yes it's still the same year."

"Oh gosh, don't joke like that! You almost gave me a heart attack."

"My bad. What're you gonna say to Christopher though?"

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"He asked you to be his girlfriend Ky, it's rude not to answer." She wiggled her brows. "I think you guys would be cute together."

"Let me recover and go back to work first and then we'll see where that takes us." I said grabbing the stack of notes and placing them on my bedside table.

"Actually, there's something I have to tell you about work..." she trailed off bitting her bottom lip.

"What happened? It's not bad is it?!"

"No— we'll not as bad as it could be. Um... since you've been absent from work with no explanation Nia convinced Mr. Daniels to fire you."

"Fire me? Do they not know I was kidnapped and held hostage?!"

"They do... that's even more of a justification for them to fire you. They didn't know when you'd return so they had to let you go."

"What about Royalty and Christopher?"

"Royalty's nurse got switched thank god, Mr. Daniels sorta figured out Nia was. Abusing the poor baby pretty bad so he switched her back to Christopher."

"Why didn't he just fire her?"

"That's the part I'm getting to, I think they're like a thing, either that or Nia is screwing him to get her way."

"Why do you say so?"

"Okay, the night I heard they were letting you go I walked down to Mr. Daniels office but before I could even knock I heard him talking to Nia— at least I think it was her. She was talking all kinky and shit like she was praising him for something and he was into it."

I gagged. "Ew."

"I know, but that's none of our business I guess." She shrugged before standing. "Get some rest girl, your parents said they were flying in from Washington state tomorrow to see you."

"Alright, and Miyah?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"Ain't nothing but a thing girl." She smiled before closing the door.

____

y'all... this is my 3rd update today. somebody take away my phone. But don't forget to vote and comment sis!