23

Omniscient
1 week later

Lucas rocked Kyrie's limp body back and forth as a continuous stream of tears came down his face.

"I-I'm Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you

"I-I'm Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." He pressing a kiss onto her forehead.

She's been with him for almost a month now and all he's done is hurt her— this was not how things were supposed to go. Nia said if he kept her long enough she would start to love him again, but since he's taken her all he's done is push her away more.

After his brief breakdown he dragged her back up to their room and locked her in— he couldn't risk her trying to escape again like she did last week. He had started walking back downstairs thinking of ways to make it up to Kyrie when somebody started banging on his door once again.

"I swear if it's Kyrie's friend I'll file a police report." He mumbled to himself storming to his door. "WHA— oh hi mommy." He smiled

"Lucas I swear..." Cheryll stormed into the house and made a B-line for the living room with Lucas following closely behind.

"What's wrong? What's going on?"

"Oh, I'll show you what's 'going on'." She sneered turning on the TV and switching the channel to CNN.

"And the search for Kyrie Laurent still goes on. The last witness say they saw her was leaving work around 9 o'clock, on Friday, May 10th. Her roommate says she never came home that night, please if you see Ms. Laurent anywhere or have a lead as to where she maybe is call the number at the bottom of the screen or inform you local—" Cheryll cut off the TV

"They're having a statewide search for that girl Lucas! 4 policemen showed up to my door this morning asking me if I knew anything!" She screeched. "Just— Just please tell me you don't have anything to do with her disappearance." She said calmly

"I— I.."

"Lucas..." She said calmer. "You don't have anything to do with that girl going missing... right?"

"I'm sorry momma, I swear I didn't—"

"Oh god." Cheryll rubbed her temples. "Do you have any idea what you've done! Huh, Lucas?! Do you?!"

"N-no."

"Oh my god, this can't be happening... the whole family name is ruined." She whispered to herself. "Where the girl?"

"S-she's upstairs..."

"Let me see her— wait! Never mind, I don't want to see what you've done to her. God, you could've killed for all I know—" Cheryll paused looking back up at Lucas. "You didn't kill her right?"

"No, I couldn't do something like that to her." He said in his defense. "I just— I..."

"You what Lucas?!"

"I hurt her a lil bit..." he mumbled like a child

"Lord help us all." Cheryll mumbled. "You have to turn yourself in."

"Turn myself in?"

"Yes, tomorrow you're going to walk down to the police station and tell the nice men exactly what you did and exactly where Kyrie is, you understand?"

He shook his head. "N-no I can't do that, then I'll lose Kyrie."

"You were going to lose her regardless! They're about to call in the national guard Lucas! The fucking national guard! You know what they'll do if they get your hands on you?"

"N-no..."

"They'll kill you themselves!" She stressed. "You don't want to die do you?"

He shook his head again.

"That's what I thought, tomorrow I'll pick you up and we'll head down to the station together so you can confess to what you've done alright?"

He nodded slowly.

"Good boy." Cheryll grabbed her Chanel purse from the couch and adjusted her sunglasses. "I'm going to meet with a few investors for the company, don't call me unless it's important."

He nodded again. "Bye, mommy."

Once Lucas heard the door close he dashed to his office and opened up his laptop and typed in the URL bar: 'Flights to Australia' remembering how Kyrie use to say she wanted to visit there someday, this visit would just be permanent.

He closed his laptop satiated with himself once he purchased 2 one way tickets to Melbourne, Australia and booked a hotel for a few days. She'd like Australia, he thought to himself. This would be a new start for them both.

_____

Cheryll stopped her car and thought to herself for a moment; was she really about to throw her son under the bus? Yes. He's become way to unstable to function in society anymore if he did this what else could he do? She thought she was being a good mom by ignoring what all the doctors told her about him and not providing him with the proper care he needed. Now she saw that's it's only pushed him over the edge.

She stepped out of her all-white Audi R8, her face twisting up as her heels touched the dirty driveway.

She knocked on the front door. Soon it swung open revealing the woman who should be Kamiyah.

"And who are you? I've had enough of boujee white people for the day." She snapped

"You shouldn't be so rude to your elder's young woman— I have some information that could help you find your missing friend."

"What do you know about Kyrie?"

"More than you know, believe me. May I come in?"

Kamiyah gave her a skeptical look but widened the cracked door for her to enter. "You better not bullshit me, lady."

"I won't my dear, I promise."