26

Omniscient

Kyrie sat in the small visitation room which was hardly used, tapping away on her phone. Between juggling legal paperwork for the Lucas catastrophe, finishing a new condo, and dealing with her own personal problems she barely had time to schedule this.

Kyrie's typing became more aggressively as she texted back Emily, who'd been constantly texting, calling, and emailing her begging to meet up. She didn't want to hear it though; she was done with their family— and white people as a whole at this point.

She put her phone down though when she heard the door creaked open. Soon Christopher walked into the room hunched over. He looks like he hadn't eaten or slept in days and his eyes were sunken in.

"Christopher...?" Kyrie stood up, making his head snap towards her. "Hey—"

She barely finished her sentence before Christopher came running at her at full force and pulled her into a very tight hold.

She rubbed small circles around his back letting him get out all his tears.

"You... you left me." He sniffled gripping her tighter.

Kyrie sighed patting his back some more. She found it crazy how she was the one giving him comfort after she had just been kidnapped and held hostage. "I know, I'm sorry. Let's sit down and talk for a little bit, Okay?"

He pulled away and nodded. The two spent the rest of their 30 minutes together catching up. Kyrie didn't forget about his little girlfriend question either, halfway through their time she slipped him back the note which has 'Yes' circled boldly in red sharpie marker.

Kyrie

"This location is more temporary like you requested, it also has a beautiful view of the city from the living room, and bedrooms." Amy, our family realtor said as we strolled through the condo.

This would be the 4th neighborhood I've looked at today, and I was honestly exhausted. None of them seemed to match my standards, but this was exceeding them so far.

"You can take a look around if you'd like, I'll stay here and wait." Amy smiled.

I nodded and went off exploring the other rooms. I think the living room to be my favorite, high ceilings were always a favorite of mine.

I hummed as I strolled around the rest of the condo checking out the 2 other bedrooms and bathrooms, of course sending Kamiyah pictures of everything since she couldn't come today