35

Kyrie
2 weeks later

"Hey, baby." I lay my head on Chris' shoulder as he wraps up another painting. "Who is this for?"

"Um.." He trails off as he frantically looks through the piles on piles of orders he has. "This one." He yawns rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He's been up since 4 am trying to finish as many orders are he could.

"Is this the second one they wanted or are you still working on the first?" I ask handing the paper back to him.

"Second." He hums going back to his work.

I walk back inside, clearly, he's to focused on his work to focus on me. I made my way to the little makeshift office I had to make ever since Chris' orders really started blowing up. We were getting calls and emails left and right of people wanting paintings done.

I felt bad for him honestly, his little hobby had turned into a full-blown career in a matter of days, he barely had time to think now.

I sat down in my desk chair looking through my emails, the majority of them requesting for Chris. I kept scrolling until my eyes landed on the email I was looking for.

Lytrell.Bundy@gmail.com

I smiled clicking open the email. A few weeks ago I went through Chris' birth papers that came with him, I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure whether or not he actually had living family but turns out he did. I ended up reaching out to his older sister and I've been waiting for a response back, and today I got one.

Hi Kyrie, thank you for taking the time to reach out. It's great to know that Christopher is happy and healthy and has a beautiful family of his own. I'd love to see you and him in person if that's not too much to ask, next month is our annual family Fourth of July celebration and the whole family would really be appreciative if you took the time to come out. It starts July 1st and ends July 5th, and don't worry money isn't a problem I'd be more than happy to buy all of you a plane ticket down to VA.

Please don't be a stranger!
Lyttell

I get right to typing up a response, I think a vacation would be good for all of us.

____

"Mommy." Royalty whines pulling on my pants.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can I help?"

She always wanted to be so proactive when it came to dinner time, but with everything else it was 'no mommy, I need a nap.'

"You want to help with the Mac and Cheese?" I ask lifting her up onto the island.

She nodded. "Yes please." She grabbed the spoon out of my hands and started stirring, that should keep her busy for a few minutes. Chris can in a few minutes later, paint covering him from head to toe.

"Hey, Chrissy." I smile.

"Hi." He croaks out, smiling back at me tiredly.

"Dinners almost ready, go get cleaned up okay?"

He nods before trudging off to our room. Royalty and I get dinner set up and wait for him. I made his favorite tonight, baked Mac and Cheese with bacon sprinkled on top. He soon came back out in his favorite sweatshirt, sweatpants combo.

"Thank youuu

"Thank youuu." He said once he sat down.

"You're welcome." I grinned.

We let Royalty talk our ears off about how her dolls hair is so difficult to do for a few minutes before I interrupted.

"So, Christopher I got in touch with your family."

He furrowed his brows. "You my family."

"I know that, but you have other family too. I got in contact with your sister and she really wants to meet you."

"My... my sister?"

"Mhm." I nodded. "You probably don't remember her... or any of your family." I mumble. "But she invited us back to your hometown for your family reunion."

Royalty gasped. "Can we go, Mommy? Pleeaase?"

"We are going baby, you can meet all your aunties, uncles, and cousins."

"Cousins?" She repeated.

"Mhm, you probably have lots and lots of them all waiting to play with you."

She started squealing. "Cousins." She reared to herself over and over.

"Are you excited, Chris?"

He shrugged. "I'm hungry."

"No I mean— never mind."

_____

Hello, hello, hello 😊
To be realistic with y'all there's probably only about 10 more chapters left in this book 😭.
But don't worry! I'm planning a sequel!