Bring It On

Chapter 18: Bring It On

-

People die, vampires turn it off. It's a way of manipulating the grieving process. Well, not so much as manipulating as it is postponing it. And in Mystic Falls, Virginia, death happened to be common. It was as if the citizens of the town were living in their own cycle of death, seeing as the loss of someone living in it occurred more often than not.

"So that's the plan? You're going to take her back to school?" Anyone inside of the Salvatore Boarding House would have been able to hear the discussion between the two brothers regarding what they were going to do with Elena Gilbert, who lacked her humanity due to the death of her brother, Jeremy Gilbert.

"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" Stefan reminded his brother of what Damon had told all of them was Elena's very own murder spree.

"I don't know. Got a free meal out of it." Damon shrugged it off as if human life meant absolutely nothing to him, but they were all aware that that couldn't be farther from the truth.

"Look, do you think I want to go to school and play chaperone? You can't go because you're not a student. Besides, you've got to go look for Katherine. I mean, Elena needs this cure now more than ever." Stefan was already thinking ahead of plans for how they were going to get Elena to turn it on again, which involved shoving the cure down her throat.

"Not that my opinion matters or anything, but I think taking Elena to school is the worst plan you've ever come up with." Amalia walked into the room with a towel wrapped tightly around her body, ending right at her lower thigh. "Need I remind you of my own educational humanity-less experience? My guess is she'll kill someone before the second period bell rings."

"Elena's smarter than that." Damon replied with some faith in his girlfriend. Or whatever it was that Damon and Elena were / are.

"Gee, thanks, Damon." Amalia saw his words on an insult, though he didn't mean for it to be.

"You're welcome. You're on school duty." Damon informed Amalia that she would be the one to accompany the doppelgänger to Mystic Falls High School, causing Amalia to force a fake smile onto her face.

"Yay." Amalia wasn't shy when it came to her feelings towards having to babysit her best friend, who at the moment, really wasn't much of a best friend.

"Sounds like fun." Elena's voice echoed through the room, grabbing the attention of everyone inside of it and revealing that her humanity wasn't the only thing she lacked... but clothes as well. "What? It's nothing you guys haven't seen before. And as for the, uh, going to school idea... I've got nothing better to do."