500 Years of Solitude

Chapter 32: 500 Years of Solitude

-

As news had struck of Damon and Elena's breakup, fireworks of celebration had gone off everywhere. And by everywhere, I mean in the girls' dorm room (per Caroline's request). Though for some, aka Elena Gilbert, it wasn't an occasion worth celebrating. In fact, it was one that left her with no choice but to wallow inside of her bed for days. And so her friends had done the only thing they knew to do and brought her breakfast in bed.

"Okay. Time to wake up, sleepyhead." Caroline Forbes, Bonnie Bennett, and Amalia Schultz all walked through their door to see Elena Gilbert laying there in her bed, staring at her clock.

"No. I'm not leaving this bed." Elena refused as she grabbed onto her pillow and shoved it on top of her head, blocking out the noise of her friends' voices.

"Which is why we brought breakfast to you." Bonnie replied as Amalia grabbed onto the pillow and threw it on the floor where it was out of the doppelgänger's reach.

Elena groaned before willingly opening her eyes at last and looking at everything they had seemed to gathered. "What's all this?"

"Your breakup breakfast." Amalia answered as she grabbed onto a cup that had been sitting on the tray and pouring a bit of orange juice in it and more than enough of champagne. "Mimosa?"

✰✰✰

"So that's it? You're just giving up?" Bonnie Bennett asked, shocked that with all they had gone through to convince everyone that their relationship and feelings were real, Elena and Damon were giving up on each other so easily.

"As she should! He did say, and I quote, I'm a bad person. I am bad for you. And I'm choosing to let you go." Caroline recited Elena's breakup word for word without any consolation for the feelings of the doppelgänger.

Elena narrowed her eyes at the Forbes, clearly unhappy with her friend. "You memorized my breakup?"

"Of course I did." Caroline shrugged it off as if they were already supposed to have assumed that Caroline would do such a thing. Which, considering how much she hated Elena and Damon together, wasn't as surprising as it should have been.

"I just have to face reality. When Damon makes up his mind about something, it's done." Elena stated in an attempt to convince herself that she wasn't as upset as she truly was.

"Yep." Caroline nodded, agreeing with her as she hoped that it would be the end of Delena.

Elena's phone began to ring from on top of the dresser, so Amalia grabbed onto it quickly, reading the name of her own boyfriend flashing on the screen. "It's Stefan."