Resident Evil

Chapter 39: Resident Evil

-

Since escaping the traveler's retreat, everything had gone smoothly in Mystic Falls for the most part. For the most part being if you exclude the situation in which Elena Gilbert was having visions of a fantasy life with Stefan Salvatore.

Amalia had kept her mouth shut for the most part regarding the situation, afraid to risk what would happen if she were to truly speak her mind on her opinion of Elena's newfound fantasy world in which no one existed besides their ex-boyfriend.

Caroline Forbes, Elena Gilbert, and Amalia Schultz had all decided to have a little brunch date with one another, being a little classic with their choices and going to The Grill. As the three of them had entered the restaurant, Caroline had mentioned she was going to grab a coffee, leaving the other two girls to head to a table. "How did I get here? I was just standing in the doorway."

"Uh, you walked." Amalia furrowed her eyebrows at the girl, confused as to how Elena herself wasn't even aware of how they had gotten so far. As it clicked in her mind, she couldn't help but form her lips into a line and send the other girl a slight nod. "Oh. Right. Did you just, uh... have one of these dreams, like, right here?"

As Caroline Forbes walked back over to the girls, sitting down with them and setting their individual coffees down in front of them each, she was somehow able to pick up on the conversation rather easily. "It didn't feel like a dream, okay? It felt like it was real. Like I was just there."

They way that Elena described it was enough for Amalia's skin to crawl, a feeling she couldn't quite place settling in her stomach. Pushing all of her emotions away, she sent her a friend a small smile, putting on her own facade to where every ounce of jealousy that had been evident on her face before disappeared with the blink of an eye.

"That's weird." Caroline commented as she picked up her coffee, taking a sip from it to avoid having to say what was really on her mind.

"Caroline, if you bite your tongue any harder, you'll bleed. Say it." Elena tilted her head a bit as she waited for Caroline to speak up once again, fully aware by the look on the blonde's face that there was, in fact, something to be said.

Releasing a breath she had been holding in, Caroline opened her mouth once again, thankful that she no longer had to withhold yet another one of her beloved opinions. "It's psych 101. Actually, it's whatever comes before 101. You told Damon that you couldn't see him anymore, and now you're having dreams about Stefan?"

Being sure not to make any sudden noise to prove how ridiculous she found it all, Amalia just raised her eyebrows for a second, sending her eyes to the ground as the urge to laugh burned through her.