Yellow Ledbetter

Chapter 43: Yellow Ledbetter

-

FOUR MONTHS AGO

As the light took over completely, all she could think of were the moments that mattered most-- Memories, people, smiles, frowns, cries. A flash of life all brought into one second of time, overwhelmingly forcing it's way into what she thought to be the last moment of her life.

Before she knew it, the light had faded, forming into the dark of the night once again. Fluttering her eyes open once again, they landed on the same woods she had been in only seconds before. Although there wasn't a soul to be seen in the area, not a familiar face within miles, except for Damon Salvatore and Bonnie Bennett.

Damon Salvatore removed his hands from inside theirs, shaking them off quickly as he ignored the questions that raced through his heads. "Huh. That got awkward fast."

"Thanks, Captain Obvious." Amalia retorted, crossing her arms over her chest and turning her head around to check if maybe she hadn't looked hard enough before. But as it turns out, she had.

Bonnie looked around as well, looking every which way as she noticed they were completely to themselves as well. "What happened? Where is everybody?" Picking up her feet, she walked further into the woods, eventually disappearing in the trees.

"Where are you going? Hey." Damon called after her, walking towards her and following the path she had formerly created, forcing Amalia to do the same.

With minutes going by, the trio eventually found themselves standing in the dead center of Mystic Falls, seeing it to be in a better condition than they had seen it in before, confusing them as to how they could have even crossed the border without so much as a burn on their skin.

Damon brought his fingers to his mouth, feeling the roof of it to ensure their moment of weakness hadn't brought back the remains of his humanity. "Well, I feel a fang. I'm still a vampire. Either I'm a dead vampire or Mystic Falls is no longer magic free."

Copying his actions, Amalia felt the sharp form of her tooth as well, bringing her eyebrows to a furrow. "Well, you're certainly not the only dead vampire here."

"Look." Bonnie looked further into town, pointing her finger over to Mystic Grill, looking over at the two of them afterward.

"I definitely blew that up about an hour ago." Damon commented, just as confused as the girls were.

"And we definitely destroyed the Other Side." Amalia reminded them of yet another thing they had taken care, creating another question or two.

Damon followed their surroundings with his eyes once again, taking in how they were still the only ones to be seen. "Where the hell are we? And I don't mean geographically."

"I have no idea."

✰✰✰

PRESENT DAY

To lose someone you love is to alter your life forever. Amalia had clung onto those words for months, playing the memory of Stefan Salvatore's smile on a repeated loop in her mind. It was a difficult thing for her to handle-- Loss. She had experienced it too many times to count in her life, yet the loss of someone she knew had lost her as well was a force for her to be reckoned with, eating at her heart with every moment that passed by.

Scanning her eyes through the kitchen she had only spent a certain amount of her life inside of, she felt her heart break all over again, forcing the memories it held on her just as it did every time she looked into it.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Amalia walked into the kitchen with a wide grin on her face, raising her eyebrows a bit as she took in the scene before her. "Stefan Salvatore, cooking?"

"For you." He replied simply, not even a hint of anything in his voice as he continued to stare down at the pot, slowly stirring whatever it held inside.

"Hm. Are you trying to poison me?" She asked another question, causing him to bring his eyes up to look at her this time around.

"Maybe." He replied playfully, earning a laugh from her as she walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his waist as she peered over his shoulder into the pot.

"What's the occasion?" She asked.

"Our first date." He answered, sparking her interest with only three little words.

"Is that so?" She asked again, shocked that he had taken the time to truly make a meal of his own for her, rather than taking her out for one made by a stranger. "Should I prepare to order a pizza?"

"Hey. I will have you know that I am quite the cook." He released the spoon into the pot at last before turning his body around, resting his hands on her hips.

"Hm. Okay." She nodded her head, giving into him as she knew there wasn't a point in arguing his claims. "Well, if you're planning on doing this more often maybe I should buy you an a apron that says 'Kiss the Chef'."

"Well, why would you do that when you can kiss the chef whenever you please?" He asked her, licking his lips afterwards without even realizing it.

"Does now work?" She asked him, forming a smile on her face.

Keeping his gaze on her, Stefan dipped his head down and connected their lips faster than she anticipated. He slowly lifted his hands into the air, resting both of them on her jawline as he took in the addicting feeling of her lips. He trailed one of his fingers down her body until he reached her waist, wrapping his arm around it and holding her as if she would break the moment he would take it off. He brought his mouth down to her neck and began to suck on the gentle skin, forgetting of their surroundings with each move he made.

"Maybe you should order the pizza."

Before I get into anything, I would just like to remind you all to please wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, avoid touching your face-- Literally anything that will keep you healthy. TAKE PRECAUTIONS! I care about the wellbeing of you all, so I just wanted to include that in today's A/N. That being said, my school has extended my break and is taking extending it even more so into consideration, so there will update galore for the next week or however long.

Into the book, I would like to mention again that this season will not disappoint. I have written scenes for almost nearly every episode and there are so many tosses and turns and things I've never read before in a TVD book, really, that I'm beyond excited for. Anyway, I hope you're as excited as me to meet Kai next chapter hehe. Thanks for reading! x