The Walking Dead

Chapter 21: The Walking Dead

-

As the day of graduation grew closer to them, Caroline had dragged Elena Gilbert along with her to Mystic Grill, where each of them would write their own personal invitations to send out in order to either receive a much appreciated graduation gift or yet another attendant eager to watch them stride across the stage and earn their diploma. The blonde had also made an attempt to bring Amalia along as well, but the Schultz refused, telling her that she would send her invitations out on her own time. But that didn't stop her from stopping by for a split second while they worked-- Well, as Caroline worked, seeing Elena really only had one invitation to make total.

"Hello, best friends of mine." Amalia greeted them as she took the seat across from Caroline Forbes, looking between the two girls as she waited for one of them to speak to her. "So, what are we talking about?"

"Elena, here, seems to think that going after Katherine Pierce is a good idea." Caroline replied, but Amalia truly wasn't sure whether or not the Forbes was joking.

She took it upon herself to assume that it was a joke, so she began to laugh. But when she noticed that nobody was laughing along with her, she silenced herself. "Oh, you were being serious. Um, Elena, no offense, but I'm not sure that's--"

"She's the reason why my brother is dead. I can't let her get away with that. Lia, if you know where Katherine is, then you have to tell me." Elena cut the shortest girl off before asking her if she knew of the whereabouts of Katherine Pierce, but of course, Amalia didn't.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't keep tabs on psychopaths." Amalia looked down to see that Elena was squeezing onto her hand, so she quickly ripped it away from her, noticing the red tint of her skin due to Elena's hold on her. "God, Elena. Chill."

✰✰✰

Caroline, Rebekah, and Amalia all leaned against the bar at Mystic Falls Grill by each other's side, all of them focusing on the same thing, which was Elena Gilbert throwing dart after dart at a board without missing a single one and having it land in the bullseye each time.

"Well, I'll give her points for precision." Amalia crossed her arms over her chest as her eyes continued to stare down the Gilbert as she took out all of her anger on the simple game.

Caroline ignored Amalia's comment and looked around the room, focusing on the sound of the wind that blew outside. "Is it supposed to rain tonight?"

"Do I look like a meteorologist?" Rebekah retorted in her usual intolerable, bitchy manner.

"A little bit." Amalia replied, much to Rebekah's dismay. She then looked back over at Elena Gilbert, who was still doing the exact same activity she was a few minutes prior. "Twenty bucks says she explodes within the next hour if someone doesn't do something."