My Brother's Keeper

Chapter 11: My Brother's Keeper

-

Stefan and Elena. Elena and Stefan. They were the couple everyone had assumed would last forever. They had withstood both of them experiencing feelings for another, multiple vampires attempting to kill one or the other, a summer away, the ripper days... They were supposedly the stronger couple anyone had ever seen. That is, until their story came to an end.

Lia walked into the Salvatore boarding house as soon as she heard the news that the love story that was Stefan Salvatore and Elena Gilbert had finally ended. Previously, she had wondered what she would do in the case of Stefan and Elena breaking up. Would she come running?

"What are you doing here, Lia?" Stefan asked as he poured himself another glass of bourbon, which she could tell was far from his first.

"I heard about Elena." Lia's voice was soft and he brought his eyes up to look at her as soon as he heard the tone in her voice. She seemed different... more like the girl that he used to know. "Are you okay?"

"Whatever you're up to, I'm not going to fall for it." Stefan let her know that he wasn't gullible enough to believe that she had flipped her switch and came running to see if he was okay.

"I'm not up to anything. I'm worried about you." She showed genuine concern for him on her face and he wanted to believe so badly that it was really her, but he couldn't.

"Stefan." She spoke his name so softly and it took everything in him not to give into her. If she had really turned her humanity on, he would have known already. "Are you okay?"

"What do you care?" He asked her as he downed yet another glass of bourbon.

"Why wouldn't I care?" She looked him in the eyes and tried to show the emotion she lacked. "Look, I should go. But if you want to talk about it sometime, call me."

She turned around and started to walk towards the door, but stopped once she heard his voice again. "Lia..."

She smirked to herself before turning around and facing him again. "Yeah?"

"I missed you." He admitted to her after losing the battle of whether or not she had really turned her humanity back on inside of his head.

She walked towards him and placed her hands on his cheeks. She then snapped his neck and watched as he fell to the ground. "How naive of you."

✰✰✰

Lia walked through the Miss Mystic Falls pageant all by herself as she searched for someone to entertain her. She assumed that the fun she had manipulating Stefan Salvatore would satisfy her for awhile, but the fun had passed and she was bored again.