American Gothic

Chapter 19: American Gothic

-

"If they so much as even scratched the paint on my car..." Damon wasn't shy about his frustration due to the fact that Elena and Rebekah had teamed up to do god knows what and stolen Damon Salvatore's most prized possession in the process: His car.

"Wouldn't that be the greatest American tragedy?" Amalia replied as she had had about enough of Damon's endless comments about his car and how they stole it and how he was going to make them regret, or whatever his exact words were.

Stefan Salvatore couldn't help snicker at Amalia's comment, finding it rather funny that Damon was finally receiving the same amount of sass he gave others. "Well, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, ah, you know, steal it from you."

"Remind me to send her some mini-muffins. Do we really need ten gallons of gas, or are you making me just lug this around as punishment?" Damon looked over at his brother, exchanging a glance at Amalia as well as she walked right beside the youngest Salvatore.

"Well, they did ditch your car because it ran out of gas. So, I would assume the ten gallons is necessary." Amalia replied before Stefan got the chance to. Damon sent her a look of annoyance at how Damon-like she was acting towards him, which only pleased her more.

"We've got about a hundred miles before we get to Willoughby." Stefan added, mentioning a town none of them had ever heard of, to be quite honest.

"Yeah, well I don't remember that name from the list of places I got from New York." Damon pouted once again at the witch-hunt they were having to go on because Elena and Rebekah decided to ditch Damon in New York for a game of hide and seek.

Stefan couldn't help but be quite amused by his brothers lack of common sense due to his remarkable trust in Elena Gilbert, even when her humanity was nonexistent. "Oh, the list? The list they stole from right under your nose, after you let your guard down? They'll be there. Sheriff Forbes tracked down the car they stole after yours."

"Screw the muffins. I'll get her champagne-- If Elena is wherever it may be." Damon was extremely grateful for the effort Sheriff Forbes had put in to help them, but he was still unsure on whether or not Elena would actually be where she was supposed to.

"Willoughby. Creamed corn capital of Pennsylvania. They'll be there. Let's just hope we get to them before they get to the cure." Stefan was able to shed his own knowledge of Willoughby, causing Amalia to cock an eyebrow at him.

"How do you know that?" She was truly confused as to how he knew that fact in particular, but all he did was shrug as he wasn't sure himself.