Do Not Go Gentle

Chapter 05: Do Not Go Gentle

-

"You did what?" Caroline asked her best, stunned by the words that had left Amalia's mouth at a whisper only seconds before. "Why would you have sex with K—"

"Shh." Lia pointed to her ears, reminding Caroline that she wasn't the only one with supernatural hearing in the hallway. "Watch my lips very carefully— We don't say that in public."

"Lia, you know that I, of all people, am all for scandalous sex, but with him? Really?" Caroline was still trying to process the information. "I mean, he may be hot, but he is Klaus. What were you thinking?"

"Well, in that moment I was carefully weighing my options and I decided Oh, he's hot enough to bed. Obviously I wasn't thinking, Caroline." Lia snapped at her friend, feeling a bit remorseful for her tone afterward. "Sorry."

"Did he compel you? Is that what happened here?" Caroline asked, finding it hard to believe that Lia would make this kind of mistake in her right mind. "Because that would explain why you don't even so much as regret it."

"He didn't have to compel me, Car. I did what I did and I can't do anything about it now, so why don't we just forget about it?" Lia suggested that they stop talking about it, but Caroline didn't seem to want to stop talking about the whole situation.

"Hey." Elena Gilbert walked up to the two girls and both of them went mute. "Did I interrupt something?"

"No, you didn't interrupt anything." Lia answered Elena's question and Caroline rolled her eyes.

"We're not done talking about this." Caroline told her friend before looking at Elena.

"Okay, mom." Lia sassed the blonde, which caused Caroline to become even more annoyed.

"Woah, what did I miss?" Elena asked the girls and before Caroline could even open her mouth, Lia rushed to answer Elena's question.

"Nothing. You missed nothing." Lia kept her eyes locked on the Forbes as if her stare was enough to warn Caroline to keep her mouth shut.

"Have either of you seen Stefan? I need to talk to him and I can't find him anywhere." Elena brought the name of her ex-boyfriend into the conversation, making matters worse without even realizing it.

"Nope. Haven't seen him." Amalia replied, shutting her locker rather quickly to escape the situation. "Good luck finding him. Off to class I go."

✰✰✰

After learning from Caroline that Elena had decided to bring the youngest Salvatore to the 20s decade dance, Amalia decided to attend on her own, finding it pointless to have a date if there wasn't a person she could think of taking with her (with the exception of one, of course) .