Because

Chapter 57: Because

-

RELATIONSHIPS CAN BE LIKE A GAME: Sometimes you win some, and sometimes you lose some. In the case of if you're playing monopoly, you may end up in jail from time to time, forced to find your own way out and make it through that one single obstacle that can feel as if your whole life depends on it. Most of the time, you may be able to find your own way out and jump over the hurdle. Others, however, you might just find yourself waiting on the inside, stuck there with the hope that you'll be able to find your way out in the end at all...

"First step, convince her my humanity is still off. I'll tell her that my run-in with our mother had no effect and I wanna keep the party going," Stefan explained to the three others in the room as he had come up with a plan of his own on bringing Caroline Forbes' humanity back-- A plan that resulted in them spending their precious time together in a bed and breakfast, alone to themselves.

"Oh, look at that. Saint Stefan has a plan. Let me guess, whoever's holding the kitten gets to talk about their feelings?" Damon took a sip from his glass, clearly still having some doubts about what Stefan had to offer them.

"Torture her until she breaks." Stefan corrected him, bringing a sweet smirk on his brother's face.

"Sold." Damon agreed that the plan Stefan had thought of was fully in action and that they would make it happen as soon as they possibly could.

"So do I need to remind you two that the last time Caroline thought that we were trying to flip her switch, she went on a killing spree?" Elena, somehow, was the only one that was able to bring common sense to the conversation, reminding them of the results of their former efforts to get Caroline's humanity back.

"Well, she's not gonna find out this time." Stefan was simple with his words, confidence radiating off of him. He seemed so certain that he would be able to get her back in his own way.

"See? He'll be convincing." Damon sided with his brother, per usual.

"Fine, say she believes you-- How do you know she's gonna even want to see you again?" Elena asked yet another question, though this time the answer wasn't as favored among the group.

"Oh, she'll want to see him." Damon snickered to himself, finding humor in his brother's actions.

"Damon... Shut up." Stefan warned him, wanting no form of reminder or great revelation of what had happened between him and Caroline.

"I mean, it's a bit of a tricky bet for you, isn't it, brother? She's gonna expect a lot." Damon refused to listen to Stefan's pleads and continued on his own path of Damon's world.

"Okay, why don't we talk about how you let my fiancée take the cure while I was off the rails?" Stefan changed the subject after being provoked by his brother, reminding Damon of something he had done as well.