Black Hole Sun

Chapter 45: Black Hole Sun

-

Over the days they had gotten to know their little friend, they hadn't exactly been able to read much of him. Though he had pointed out for them to trust him multiple times, he hadn't given them a single reason to. And they were all beginning to wonder if he ever would-- Or even if they would ever get out of there, or if he was only bluffing?

"And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. But then, I was, like, Wait-- How am I going to get these photos developed?" Remaining in the same place by the fire, tied up and all, Kai had managed to share nearly every one of his stories since first entering the 1994 Universe-- Which happened to be quite a lot.

Amalia hummed, paying full attention to his story, much to the dismay of Damon Salvatore, who looked as if he couldn't have been less interested. And well, he couldn't have, to be honest. "Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?"

"I got a question for you first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994? Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?" Kai asked simply, focusing on the other male inside of the room as he was eager to hear whatever his excuse would be.

"How the hell should I know?" Damon shrugged before throwing back his head, allowing only a bit of the bourbon inside of it to burn down his throat.

"Well, I heard you say this place was your own personal hell. I'm kinda curious why." Kai replied, proving to both of them that he was planning on hearing the reason at one point or another. Though judging on the tone of his voice, it seemed it might be sooner rather than later.

Damon looked to Amalia for help, expecting for her to back him up immediately with only a glance in her direction, but with the shrug of her shoulders it was confirmed that he was by himself with that one. "Actually, me too."

"I found everything you asked for: can-opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume O of the encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker." Bonnie Bennett stated as she walked in, interrupting them from their own side conversation as she held a bag filled with everything he had listed for them. "Now what?"

"Can't show you with my hands taped." He looked down at his hands for a second before returning his eyes to the three of them, grinning at them as he was aware of how he had won against them, even if they didn't just yet.

Bonnie sighed for a moment before reaching over to the table and grabbing onto the pocket knife, alarming the Salvatore. "Bonnie." Ignoring him, she quickly cut the ties from off his wrists, freeing him. "Okay, fine. How is this pile of crap going to get us out of here?"