Stay

Chapter 52: Stay

-

AS HER EYES FLICKERED OPEN, Amalia found herself laying directly next to Stefan Salvatore. His eyes were glued shut, accentuating the remains of his features impeccably. She caught herself scanning them as if they were her own, falling in love with every kink that rest on his face, and adoring every feature she already knew too well even more so.

"Morning," he mumbled as he could feel her eyes burning through his skin, though his own eyes remained close, refusing to welcome the bright of day that was shining through his bedroom.

"Good morning," she brought her hand to his face, brushing his flat hair to the side as a smile remained plastered on her face, "Wake up."

"No," he refused with a groan, bringing her eyebrow to a raise as an idea popped into her mind.

"Fine, then. I'm just gonna go... take a shower. You know, without you. My hot, naked--" she was cut off by the sight of his eyes opening in an instant, a laugh spawning from her lips, "Mm. Look who's awake."

"That was mean," he grabbed onto the pillow he had been laying his head over and brought it on top of his head, blocking out the noise of her voice again.

"Not as mean as this," she giggled before taking the pillow off of his head, colliding her lips with his neck in the second she did so and sucking on the soft skin of his neck.

"You... evil..." he smiled down at her before grabbing onto her waist and forcing her body on top of his, bringing her sheets as well to cover over them. He then planted a fast kiss on her lips, brushing her hand behind her ear as soon as he pulled away, "... genius."

She pulled away in the minute he stopped talking, teasing him with a smile that was graced upon her lips, "I can stop now if you want."

"Absolutely not," he shook his head as he steadied his hands on her waist, making it so that she was trapped, "You're not going anywhere."

✰✰✰

As the three of them drove up to Caroline Forbes' cabin, Caroline in the passenger's seat with Stefan in the driver's, Amalia sitting by idly in the backseat of the car, a certain silence took over them, forcing the reminder of what was to come for the Forbes and the memories that were held inside of said cabin for the other two inside of the car.

"Soon, then," Their voices played back in her memory perfectly as if it had happened only the day before, bringing a smile on her face at just how fast, yet so desperately slow their soon had come.