Total Eclipse of the Heart

Chapter 34: Total Eclipse of the Heart

-

As the girls all headed into their first class of the day, which coincidentally they all had together, the topic of boys had managed to weasel it's way in. More specifically, the topic of no longer wallowing in their own heartbreak as Caroline and Elena were both in the midst of breakups in their own.

Caroline Forbes stopped in her tracks for a moment and turned to look at the girls, focusing on Elena, seeing as for the most part, it only applied to her. "So we all agree? No more moping about life's little failures and no more dabbling the dark arts of boyfriends past. This is a fresh start."

"Couldn't agree more. I happen to love fresh starts." Elena nodded her head in agreement, allowing Caroline to finally pick up her pace again, leading the way over to their seats soon after.

"Um, I haven't been moping or dabbling." Bonnie commented as they own took their individual seats, following behind Caroline as if they were a human wave.

"No one likes a bragger, Bonnie." Caroline retorted. "Today is the dawning of a new era. This is stage one of our metamorphosis into the land of the brave, the free, and the single."

"Bonnie's not single." Elena reminded the blonde, unintentionally leaving out the girl that was sitting right beside her.

"Uh, neither is Amalia." Amalia looked over at the brunette, who seemed rather annoyed by the small little detail that was Stefan and Amalia's relationship.

"Bonnie and Amalia's best friends are single, which makes them single adjacent. So they can be our wingwomen." Caroline found her own solution to the short dilemma of Bonnie and Amalia's love stories.

"Whitmore's Annual Bitter Ball, a night to celebrate broken hearts, jilted lovers, and bitter singles. This is our fresh start?" Elena asked after taking a flyer from Caroline's hands, reading the words that had been written on top of it.

"No. This is our purge, our cleanse. This is where we rid ourselves from the baggage better known as our tragic and mortifying first semester." Caroline explained, which honestly, didn't seem too bad of an idea considering the fact that now that they were back on the horse, it seemed perfectly reasonable to get back on the saddle as well.

"I'll drink to that." Elena smiled at her, more than willing to participate in the blonde's plans.

"Bonnie? Amalia?" Caroline looked over at her friends to make sure they were listening and on board as well. "Hello? Are you in?"