Break On Through

Chapter 02: Break On Through

-

The steps to vampirism seemed simple enough for an amateur to master. Especially an amateur who had spent over a year studying those who fell under the curse of their supernatural abilities. Though when it all came down to one becoming supernatural themself, everything they knew prior escaped down the drain, leaving them completely and utterly clueless.

Amalia trailed through the woods of Mystic Falls, watching her feet pick up with each stride she took. She had turned not too long ago, but each day she dealt with her uncontrolled hunger felt like a month to her. And of course, it was no help that every last one of her old traits was heightened. When she was angry, she was raging. When she was happy, she was intoxicated with glee. When she was sad, she was devastated. But most importantly, when she was hungry, she was starving.

"What?" The voice of her vampire trainer called out from behind her, somehow being able to see that something was bothering her without her even having to say the words.

"I didn't say anything." She responded as she continued to walk through the fallen leaves, refusing to turn around and meet his eyes.

"You think you have to?" He asked her, proving yet again that he knew her better than she thought.

She sighed, stopping in her tracks and turning around to face him. "Fine. It's just... we have bigger problems than me being a newbie-vampire."

"Which is why we're doing this now." He didn't seem fazed by her excuse to break out of the situation she was in at all, insisting that she needed his help in discovering the ropes of being tied to vampirism.

"And it's still a waste of time. You're acting like I haven't been in Vampire 101 since the day I met you." She crossed her arms over her chest, glancing up at the trees to avoid his gaze.

"The day you met me you thought I was human." He deadpanned, realizing that she wasn't amused by his correction of her words at all. "Okay, so walk me through how you fight."

"What?" She had hoped that her claim would be enough for him to give up, but that certainly wasn't the case.

"You say you know everything. Prove it." He waited for her to make some sort of movement, but she stayed still.

"As much as I would love to hurt you after your no humanity stunt, I'll pass." She rolled her eyes as she reminisced on his finest moments in which he had no humanity.

"So pretend that I have no huma—" He said, which clearly had been enough to get a rise out of her.

She completely caught him off guard, stopping him mid-sentence by rushing at him and pinning him against the tree.

"Element of surprise. Nice." He was slightly impressed with her so far, but he withheld any serious congratulations as he waited for her to make yet another move.

"Th—" Her words were instantly cut short by the feeling of him flipping her around in a millisecond, now facing her, rather than her facing him when they were in their former position.

He vastly snapped a twig from off the tree and pointed it towards her heart, being sure not to hit it so hard in the direction of her organ to where it would pierce through her skin. "And that's what's going to happen if you're not careful."

Her breathing had picked up it's pace, anxiety running through her veins and clouding any sense of tranquility. However, it didn't take long for the pit of fear in her stomach to be replaced by a flutter as her eyes met his, causing her to lose track of time in his forrest green eyes. He moved the stake down to his side with his eyes staying still on hers, refusing to look elsewhere.

She cleared her throat, struggling to move out of his way. "I think I get it now."

There wasn't much that I could include for this chapter, so I decided to publish this little bit. Sorry, I know. I would have much rather been able to write more of this chapter, but as I looked into the episode, I realized there was only so much I could fit her into. Nonetheless, hope you enjoyed this little moment between Stefan and Amalia (though I'm not sure why the ripper is teaching her control)

x