The Departed

Chapter 07: The Departed

-

After the news broke of Elena's sudden collapse the night before, the group had been a bit overbearing, to say the least. Their intentions were pure, of course. Mostly out of concern for her and the orders for someone to have an eye on her at all times from none other than the Salvatore brothers, who both cared more about her than either of themselves. Though, for a reason no one knew quite yet, they hadn't checked on her, leaving Caroline and Amalia to stick to Elena duty.

"Couch." Caroline pointed over at the living room couch that sat in the center of the Gilbert residence, ordering Elena to sit there and not move a muscle once she was seated.

"I'm fine. I just... want something to eat first." Elena requested that they fulfill one of her actual needs, rather than what they thought she needed.

"We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets." Tyler agreed before him and Matt both hurried upstairs to do as they said they were planning to do.

"Alright, couch, now!" Caroline looked back over at the Gilbert as soon as they were gone, ordering her to follow the directions she was given.

"Ugh, I told you. I'm fine." Elena repeated her former sentence once again as Caroline followed her with a pillow and a blanket onto the couch to ensure she would be comfortable.

"Doctor's orders." Amalia reminded her, backing up the blonde that stood by her side, ready to spoil the doppelgänger. "Alright, do you want some tea? Vodka, maybe? Tea in your vodka? All are viable options."

As soon as they both noticed Elena's glare, Caroline turned to look at Amalia. "We're being smothering. I'm sorry. It's what I do."

"No, it's-it's nice." Elena smiled at them sweetly, assuring them that she didn't mind how overbearing her friends were acting towards her.

"Tea with vodka it is. Shall I make it an order of three?"

✰✰✰

Elijah had, for an unknown thus far, made an unexpected appearance at the Gilbert household, taking all of them by surprise. But it didn't stop them from hearing out whatever it was that he had to say.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth and Alaric will follow us." Elijah explained the plan he had come up with himself to them, which so far didn't seem worse than anything they had come up with.