Prayer For the Dying

Chapter 50: Prayer For the Dying

-

Amalia threw her cardigan around her shoulders rather quickly, rushing every movement she made as her teeth bit into a granola bar she had found sitting on her nightstand, via Stefan Salvatore's doing. She grabbed onto her purse quickly, allowing it to hang from her arm before removing the granola bar from her mouth and walking towards the bedroom door, colliding into another body almost immediately.

"Hey, you. Bye, you." She attempted to brush past him to avoid having a lengthy conversation she hadn't the time to have, but failed miserably as he grabbed onto her arms, steadying her body.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where are you going?" He asked her, taking notice of the rush she seemed to be in.

"Class. Which I have in..." she trailed off as she brought her wrist up, looking at it intently as if she was wearing a watch, "an hour."

"It takes an hour to get to Whitmore." He reminded her, catching onto the reason of her stress.

"Hence the bye, now." She replied, seeming eager to run off once again.

"Give me five minutes." As she reached the doorway, he spoke up again, stopping her in her tracks.

"What, why?" She asked.

"I'll drive you." He offered, practically begging her with his tone of voice.

She brought her keys up, shaking them for him to see, "You see, there's this thing called a license that makes it so that you can drive yourself places. And it just so happens I have one."

"So then you can drive me."

"Why?"

"Well, I'm going to Whitmore. And I haven't seen much of you lately-" he started to say, only to be cut off by her quite soon after.

"You've seen more than others." She commented, listening in on the small chuckle that left his mouth at her own subtle reference.

"Five minutes." He laughed at her for a moment before leaning into her, planting a short kiss on her lips, "Thank you."

"Yeah, I'm timing you, by the way."

✰✰✰

As Stefan had explained the complications of what had happened with Elizabeth Forbes, Amalia had missed her Astronomy lecture, trading it so that she would join him along with the rest of their friends at the hospital of Whitmore.