No Exit

Chapter 35: No Exit

-

"You were right. He's off the rails. Sheriff Forbes gave me these." Amalia barged through the front door of the Salvatore household carrying file after file, all of which including Damon Salvatore's conquests as he finally went bonkers.

"Let me guess: missing persons and animal attacks?" Stefan asked as he watched his girlfriend walk over to him, waiting for her to explain what she had found.

"Look at you, right on target. But get this-- Each victim was found inside of their home, headless and desiccated." Amalia looked into the files she held in her hands, disgusted by each photograph inside of them.

"Damon's feeding on vampires..." Stefan grabbed the files from her hand and opened them, taking a look at the picture of each victim has brother had left behind. "I never should have let him go."

"Uh-uh. No sir. You do not get to turn Damon's little rendezvous into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip." She sat next to him on the couch, grabbing onto his hand to ensure that he was paying attention to her. "This isn't your fault. You couldn't have stopped him from doing any of this. Okay?"

"I guess Wes must have injected him with whatever he was going to give Elena that makes vampires feed on vampires." Stefan found the only reasonable explanation as to what was inside of the files could mean-- Damon was going after vampires. There wasn't a single reason in the world besides Wes, even if you looked hard enough.

"Okay, so let's look at the pros and cons. Cons-- We had to kill Jesse when this happened to him. Pros--" She stopped herself from a second as she realized that there really wasn't a single pro to any of it. "Yeah, I got nothing. Sorry. There's usually at least one pro, but..."

"I have to find him." Stefan had already managed to take matters into his own hands, taking it upon himself to find Damon and try to find a solution for the situation.

"Well, I can come with you." Elena Gilbert waltzed into the room after spending enough time eavesdropping on their conversation, eager to spend even more time with Stefan Salvatore.

"Elena... hey." Amalia smiled at the brunette for a second before returning her eyes to Stefan, raising an eyebrow at him. "I didn't know you were here."

"Well, Stefan has been helping me study." Elena informed the girl, which didn't help Stefan's case, really.

"Hm. Stefan, who doesn't go to college." Amalia formed her lips into a line out of disapproval, proving to Stefan that she wasn't too thrilled with the information she was hearing.