Handle With Care

Chapter 27: Handle With Care

-

The morning was meant to be peaceful. As far as the two hours they had all been awake went, nothing yet had gone wrong. They had all gone their individual ways (besides Damon and Elena) as they planned on having a good day. Well, as good a day as any of them could ever have. But, of course, right on cue (as always), Silas never failed to miss a beat and barged right into the Salvatore Boarding House, causing quite a bit of commotion.

"We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch. Your doppelgänger, Amara died at her hands, but today, after two thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite." Silas went over the reasons for why he was having a good day while simultaneously ruining theirs.

"Alright. Skip the mushy parts. Look. My girl here is just trying to have a good day, and there are promises that she's expecting you to keep." Damon and Elena both got up from the couch and Damon instantly wrapped his arm around Elena's shoulder, pulling her as close to him as possible.

"Oh, you don't think that I keep my promises?" Silas cocked an eyebrow at the girl.

"You said that now that you're a witch again, you would bring Bonnie back from the other side." Elena went on about what he had promised and how he had promised it and whatnot.

"I did and I can." He confirmed.

"And you promised Damon you would do that if he helped you." Elena continued on with the list.

"Yeah." Silas nodded.

"Well, no offense, but you're kind of evil." Amalia popped into the conversation, reminding Silas of his rather negative traits.

"None taken."

"So I'm just trying to figure out how I can trust that one of your last acts in the world will be to bring my best friend back." Elena went back to worrying about whether or not he would ever fulfill his promise of returning Bonnie Bennett back to the land of the living.

"Did you want me to pinky swear?" Silas asked, holding out his pinky.

Amalia wrapped her pinky around his, ensuring that he could no longer break it. "What? Better safe than sorry."

"She's trying to have a good day. Just tell her how it's going to go down." Damon completely disregarded the small interaction between Amalia and Silas, getting right to the point.

"I just want to destroy the other side so I don't get stuck in that pit of a purgatory when I finally do kill myself. Before I do that, I'll bring Bonnie back. And being the amazing and incredible and all-powerful witch I am, I can totally do both things. I just have to find the anchor first and destroy it. And since the anchor is in New Jersey, we should be on our way." Silas went over the game-plan with them, stopping for a second as his eyes focused on them. "Hello, hunter. Banner day for you, huh? Didn't you and the Bennett witch used to..."