Do You Remember the First Time?

Chapter 47: Do You Remember the First Time?

-

Hope. It's a tricky little thing, isn't it? One second you're filled with it, the next all of it can disappear. In an instant-- Just as fast as it would come, it would also leave. But even without it, it seems a little impossible not to have the slightest bit hiding away from you, deep down where you refuse to look for it.

A gasp left her lips, forcing her eyes open once again. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up to see Bonnie Bennett only sitting across the room with Kai Parker sitting in a chair feet away as he waited for them to wake. She looked down for a moment, allowing her eyes to take in the visual of dried blood poured all over her shirt, leaving her curious as to how he may have defeated her. "Oh. Look who's awake. How do you feel?"

Amalia grabbed onto the back of her neck for support as she felt the pain burn through her, creating a groan that left her mouth shortly after. "Ow. What the hell did you do to me?"

"Oh, I snapped your neck. No biggie. And you already know all that happened with you, Bon. Anyhoo, I have no idea how you managed to shatter the ascendant into a billion pieces, but we need to put it together before the eclipse at 12:28. You want to help? I know you're a puzzle person." Kai focused all of his attention on Bonnie as he was sure she would be much more willing to help him than Amalia, but then shot a glance at the other girl. "Or maybe you wanna lend a hand? See your boy-toy a bit early?"

She huffed a breath of air through her nose, sending her eyes to the corner as if she genuinely couldn't believe he would have brought up such a thing, biting onto the bottom of her lip as well. "As if I would ever help you."

"I don't want to help. You're a psychopath. This place is your prison. I'm not letting you out. Besides, you'll just kill me the minute we get out." Bonnie added, backing up the exact point Amalia made in agreement.

"You've been through a trauma. Your memory's probably a little fuzzy right now, so you might be thinking that your magic will protect you, but all I have to do is hold your hand, and your magic suddenly becomes mine." Kai assumed that if he had made it abundantly clear of how much power he held over the Bennett it would solve each problem they had, forgetting that he was in a bit of a 2-against-1 situation with the girls.

"And all I have to do is nibble on your neck, and boom, you're temporarily unconscious." Amalia reminded him, shrugging her shoulders simply as she dreamt of the day the opportunity would arise.

Grabbing onto Bonnie's hand, he didn't seem to have a care in the world in reference to Amalia's threats, treating them as if they were minimal at best. "What was that? Huh? What? You're gonna do the spell and finally get us home?"