I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 23: I Know What You Did Last Summer

-

Ninety-three days. That's how long summer vacation is. It comes and goes faster than you could ever imagine. Especially when you're running from something you have no idea you're running from: Your own heart. Which, in Amalia Schultz's case, was something she had been running from for the three months vacation she had in which Stefan Salvatore was nowhere to be found. She wasn't heartbroken, as one might assume, but she was confused. He had left her without a single sign as to where he went, and he had done so right after promising to take her with him. And, spoiler alert-- He may have just skipped town on his own, leaving her back home with a packed suitcase and nowhere to take it.

"I really should," Amalia cut herself off by connecting her lips on his once again as he lifted up her other leg with his hand, setting her down on the counter gentle as ever, "go."

"You should." He mumbled against her lips, refusing to let go as he worried that if he let go, she would walk out the front door the moment his touch left her body.

His tongue glided across her bottom lip slowly, intoxicating her with every simple move he made. His grip on her tightened, causing hers to do the same as their lips began to move at a faster pace. For those few moments, it felt as if they were the only two people in the world and no-one else mattered. Time fell away completely and all of their obligations fell with it, blocking the thought of Whitmore College out of her head without her even realizing it. His lips trailed downward, landing on the edge of her jawline and planting kisses across it as she tugged at his hair.

She lifted his head back up once again with her grip on his head, matching their lips once again without missing a single beat. She removed her hands from his hair and dragged them down to wrap around his neck, trapping him onto her as if he would ever let go. However, it didn't take long for reality to set back in and remind her of her actual responsibilities: College, which she was due to leave for any minute at that point. She pushed him off of her lightly, regaining her breath right after as he did the same.

"We can't." She held her hand on his chest, stopping him from going in for yet another kiss. "You're corrupting me. This is corruption. And it is unfair to not only my priorities, but my academic life as well."

"You came onto me. I was an innocent victim." He replied, earning a laugh from her as her eyes rolled to the back of her head for his blame being put onto her.

"Heh. Is that so?" She connected her hands at the back of his neck, putting a pouty expression onto her face as she looked at him. "I don't wanna go."

"It was your idea." He reminded her of her own bright idea to go to Whitmore, where she would be an hour away from him.